Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Win a subscription to Reds Report

Win a subscription to Reds Report

I subscribe to Reds Report (for those not familiar, it's a monthly newspaper devoted to all things Reds.) I recently received an offer that allows me to give two gift subscriptions if I renew my subscription. Each one-year subscription also receives a voucher for two tickets to a Reds game (there are some restrictions on which games you can use the voucher for.) I only have use for one of the gift subscriptions, so in the spirit of Christmas, I thought I would offer the other subscription to someone here on Reds Zone. You can win the subscription by correctly answering the following questions:

I attended my first Reds game at Riverfront between 1982 and 1985. The Reds lost both games of the doubleheader. But I got to see a future HOFer hit a homer in one of the games.

What was the date of the game?

Who was the Reds opponent?

What was the final score of each game?

In the highly likely event that more than one person provides the correct answer, I'll put the names in a Reds hat and let the 3 1/2 year old Reds fan that lives at my house draw the winner. Answers due by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, December 15, 2010. Winner will be notified on or before Friday, December 17, 2010. You will then have until Monday, December 20, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. to provide me your name and mailing address.

Merry Christmas

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Win a subscription to Reds Report

Cool idea.... I PM'd an educated guess.

Hey CO24, has the magazine improved? We subbed for several years, but about 2-3 years ago the issues were constantly very late, and as thin as an anorexic supermodel.... I'll considering buying him another sub as a Christmas gift if it's gotten better!

I just subscribed in August. Each issue runs 20 or so pages and mine have been delivered on time so far. It gets to me about the 2nd or 3rd of each month. I called and talked to the person who runs the operation before I subscribed and he mailed me a couple of issues to check out. I was impressed with his service and have been happy so far. Each subscription costs $36 something.

That's a long winded way of saying its worth the $ to me.

SWAISUC is the winner from 4 correct entries. The answers were:

June 24, 1983 against the Braves.

Bench hit a hr. Final scores were 3-0 and 10-5 Braves.

SWAISUC PM me your name and mailing address and I'll get the subscription in for you.

Thanks to all who participated.

Merry Christmas.

Turn Off Ads?