Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #23 prospect?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Amezcua

0 0%
  • Tucker Barnhart

4 6.67%
  • Drew Cisco

9 15.00%
  • Daniel Corcino

3 5.00%
  • Danny Dorn

10 16.67%
  • Matt Fairel

0 0%
  • Mark Fleury

0 0%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

1 1.67%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Matt Klinker

2 3.33%
  • Wes Mugarian

1 1.67%
  • Kris Negron

10 16.67%
  • Felix Perez

2 3.33%
  • Cody Puckett

3 5.00%
  • Henry Rodriguez

8 13.33%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

0 0%
  • Daryl Thompson

5 8.33%
  • Daniel Tuttle

1 1.67%
  • Kyle Waldrop

1 1.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #23 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #23 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman, LHP
    Prospect #2 - Devin Mesoraco, C
    Prospect #3 - Yorman Rodriguez, CF
    Prospect #4 - Yonder Alonso, 1B
    Prospect #5 - Billy Hamilton, SS
    Prospect #6 - Yasmani Grandal, C
    Prospect #7 - Todd Frazier, IF/OF
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco, 3B
    Prospect #9 - Zack Cozart, SS
    Prospect #10 - David Sappelt, CF
    Prospect #11 - Donnie Joseph, LHP
    Prospect #12 - Ismael Guillon, LHP
    Prospect #13 - Brad Boxberger, RHP
    Prospect #14 - Chris Valaika, IF
    Prospect #15 - Kyle Lotzkar, RHP
    Prospect #16 - Ryan LaMarre, OF
    Prospect #17 - Juan Duran, OF
    Prospect #18 - Junior Arias, SS
    Prospect #19 - Sam Lecure, RHP
    Prospect #20 - Ronald Torreyes, IF
    Prospect #21 - Neftali Soto, IF
    Prospect #22 - Jonathan Correa, RHP

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #23 prospect?

It's Daryl Thompson for me. Obviously, the biggest question for him is always health, but it's tough to find a person who doubts his ability.

I like Tuttle here he is only going to get better with experience

Among others, Thompson is the kind of guy who makes this exercise so interesting. Thompson vs. Tucker Barnhart? Daniel Dorn vs. Drew Cisco? Kris Negron vs. Daniel Corcino? It's so fundamentally apples and oranges that it's fruitless (sorry) on one hand but irresistible on the other.

In Thompson, you have a guy who, in his major-league debut two years ago, turned Yankee Stadium on its ear. In Dorn, a guy who OPSed 994 in the International League. And both are available at #23. Readily available. Meanwhile, the organization's Minor League Pitcher of the Year (Hotchkiss) still isn't getting a sniff. That's pretty strong. Weird, but strong.

That said, Barnhart.

Accidentely voted for Waldrop, not sure how. Meant to vote for H-Rod.

Somebody start making an argument for their guy or my vote goes to Barnhart. Only thing the kid lacks is power and he is so young he could certainly improve that enough to be respectable. Good defense on par with anyone in the system if not better sans maybe Mes, switch hitter who hits well from both sides, good plate discipline, excellent with pitchers. Whats not to love.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I went with Henry Rodriguez. 14 HR's, 33 SB's, and and 33 2B's in Dayton. He could stand to walk a little bit more, but the combination of speed, defense, and power is pretty strong in a player who was good in A-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Among others, Thompson is the kind of guy who makes this exercise so interesting. Thompson vs. Tucker Barnhart? Daniel Dorn vs. Drew Cisco? Kris Negron vs. Daniel Corcino? It's so fundamentally apples and oranges that it's fruitless (sorry) on one hand but irresistible on the other.

In Thompson, you have a guy who, in his major-league debut two years ago, turned Yankee Stadium on its ear. In Dorn, a guy who OPSed 994 in the International League. And both are available at #23. Readily available. Meanwhile, the organization's Minor League Pitcher of the Year (Hotchkiss) still isn't getting a sniff. That's pretty strong. Weird, but strong.

That said, Barnhart.
    I think I had cologne back in the '70's that was described that way.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I voted for HRod too. Very solid results last year for a 20-year-old. I think it's a very good thing that someone with his kind of numbers is this far down. Terrific system-wide depth.

Considering that it is not looking good that Horst or Dorn will make our list of the Reds top 25 prospects, I think we have an answer as to why no MLB team thought it might give them one of their 25 man roster spots via the Rule 5 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Somebody start making an argument for their guy or my vote goes to Barnhart. Only thing the kid lacks is power and he is so young he could certainly improve that enough to be respectable. Good defense on par with anyone in the system if not better sans maybe Mes, switch hitter who hits well from both sides, good plate discipline, excellent with pitchers. Whats not to love.
    Kris Negron

- Will be 25 in February
    - Enough defensively to play regularly up the middle on either side of 2B
    - Enough offense to get on base 36% of the time, steal 35 bases and hit double digit HR. Supplements his bat with a decent amount of walks and a knack for getting an HBP (double digits in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010)
    - Impressed with a .296/.360/.595/.952 in about 90 PAs in the talent filled AFL
    - Was protected from Rule 5 and added to the Reds 40 man roster.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Dorn here. Could be a platoon player in the majors right now. That has value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    The other aspect of Barnhart seems to be that he's a gym rat, or whatever the baseball equivalent is. Anyway, a good makeup guy. Plus, you know, he's a catcher. Lots of bonus points for that.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Considering that it is not looking good that Horst or Dorn will make our list of the Reds top 25 prospects, I think we have an answer as to why no MLB team thought it might give them one of their 25 man roster spots via the Rule 5 draft.
    Golly molly, Horst! He surely belongs on the list. Forgot all about him.

Negron for me here. I'll vote for about 10 more guys before Henry Rodriguez. I saw him multiple times in Dayton last year, and he's a whole bunch of "meh" to me.

Turn Off Ads?