Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

Love "The Middle", "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town". The latter has got the worst name of any show, but its turned out to be pretty funny. Another good ensemble cast, good writing, and oddball and goofy humor. Plus they drink a *lot* of wine.
    I like those, I also like "How I met your mother"
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

"Modern Family"
    "The Good Guys"
    "Walking Dead"
    "Breaking Bad"

All of these are great. I've read some pretty harsh reviews of "The Good Guys" and I just don't get it. I think Bradley Whitford is hilarious as the '70s throwback detective with the Trans Am and killer 'stache (no wonder Chip likes it ).

Also watched a couple episodes of "Blue Bloods" because my mother-in-law likes it and I was pleasantly surprised. Donnie Wahlberg does a pretty good job.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Before this season I would have told everyone to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but this season sucked. It could have been one of a hundred garbage network tv shows.

The League is pretty good. Loved The Walking Dead. Breaking Bad and Justified are must sees when thy come back. As well as Tosh.0.

I think the Office is the last network tv show ill ever watch, not even sure why we keep watching it.

Edit: I forgot Family Guy, that's a network tv show I watch.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Psych, Burn Notice, Leverage, White Collar, Lie to Me, Stargate Universe.

Psych may be the greatest show ever. Last week's episode featured Ralph Macchio as police academy instructor. Countless jokes about the police academy movies and ton's of karate kid references.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Oh, and I loathe Family Guy.

I do love South Park though, so go figure.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

My TV watching in recent years has narrowed itself down to sports, local news and "Lost," and now the latter is gone, but the missus has been watching "Criminal Minds" re-runs lately and it's pretty good.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

My "never miss" show is Big Bang Theory. It's my "Don't call, don't come to the door, etc because I'm not going to answer any of them" show. It's also probably pretty sad that I already have the Season 4 DVD on pre-order.

Also a big fan of *bleep* My Dad Says, NCIS (both) and Criminal Minds.

We watch a lot of stuff on TLC, History Channel, Discovery, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Oh, and I loathe Family Guy.

I do love South Park though, so go figure.
    Makes perfect sense. South Park exposed the dirty secret that Family Guy is written by manatees.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Don't miss:
    How I met your Mother
    The League
    Dexter

Watch when I can:
    The Office
    Always Sunny
    Breaking Bad (halfway thru season 2)
    Entourage
    Weeds (I'm wayyyy behind)

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123
    Also a big fan of...NCIS (both)
    Huge fan of the original, tried to watch LA a few times, the individual episode story-lines are often awesome, but the chemistry between the characters seems really crappy to me. Oh well.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Huge fan of the original, tried to watch LA a few times, the individual episode story-lines are often awesome, but the chemistry between the characters seems really crappy to me. Oh well.

I've never watched the show, but they film a lot of it very close to where I live. I see LL Cool J about once a week when I run just hanging out, usually talking to fairly attractive locals.

Here's the list -- The Wire. Watch it either On Demand or DVD. All other shows will pale in comparison, past, present and forevermore. And be careful, Omar is coming...
    Where we gonna go?

I've been rewatching The Wire on the 101 on DirecTV. I think it's honestly a show I'll watch over and over for the rest of my life every few years.

Other than that I watch The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Louie, Tosh.0, Friday Night Lights. Used to watch True Blood and Dexter but missed the latest seasons of both. Also watch some reality TV with the wife (Survivor sometimes, The Biggest Loser). I wouldn't do that without a DVR, the commercials and filler are insane. Parks and Rec is the only sitcom I watch I think, but it's amazing. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

I wish HBO would get back to making great tv. I watched the first few episodes of Boardwalk Empire and it didn't grab me, but I'll probably give it another try. Looking forward to Game of Thrones though.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

You didn't like Boardwalk Empire?

That's my favorite show right now. Brilliant writing, sets, performances..... fantastic period piece on an incredible tme in history.

Also watch Entourage, Breaking Bad, Weeds, and Mad Men, which I think is also incredible, but not much else besides sports, movies and discovery and history channels.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I've been a big "Community" fan since it's debut as well. The recent stop-motion Christmas special was fantastic.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?