Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I used to love Big Bang and I still like it, but it isn't a must watch for me anymore.
    I'm there too. I think Jim Parsons is great, but the rest of the cast is very ordinary and it doesn't have enough of an ensemble feel to give it legs.

I really like The Middle and Raising Hope. I have this thing for finding dysfunctional families hilarious.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    Other than that it's Psych (there was a first season Austin Kearns reference and I've been hooked ever since), White Collar, and South Park.
    I remember that reference. I love Psych.

Started watching Hell on Wheels New Years Day. Recorded all the episodes.

Psych, White Collar, Leverage, Chopped, Iron Chef America, The Daily Show and Colbert, Burn Notice, Big Bang re-runs. My guilty pleasure is Storage Wars. It's like Antique Roadshow with cursing.

Warehouse 13 and Eureka. I'm going to miss Eureka. I'm about done with House, in my mind it has run its course. I like Terra Nova. It's no Firefly, but hopefully FOX won't ruin it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'm there too. I think Jim Parsons is great, but the rest of the cast is very ordinary and it doesn't have enough of an ensemble feel to give it legs.
    That's how I feel too; I always think I must be missing something when people talk about how funny this show is, because I just don't get it - aside from the Sheldon character. I might've mentioned it here somewhere, but it reminds me of "All in the Family" in that way. If Archie didn't appear in an episode, that show was virtually unwatchable.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    That's how I feel too; I always think I must be missing something when people talk about how funny this show is, because I just don't get it - aside from the Sheldon character. I might've mentioned it here somewhere, but it reminds me of "All in the Family" in that way. If Archie didn't appear in an episode, that show was virtually unwatchable.
    I just feel like the show needs to go somewhere. They have brought in a few new characters, but it's basically been the same show for how ever long its been on the air.

I'm really excited for Alcatraz. I got to see the pilot a few months ago and I loved it. Apparently there has been some production issues, but I'm still hoping it catches on.

La Dolce Vita

we're 2 episodes into the last season of "big love".

can't wait for season 2 of "downton abbey" to start sunday.

we just started getting "antenna TV" on one of our local stations, and it's carrying lots of old shows that i used to love. have watched some "that girl" and "the rockford files"
    Last edited by Sweetstop; 01-06-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    we just started getting "antenna TV" on one of our local stations, and it's carrying lots of old shows that i used to love. have watched some "that girl" and "the rockford files"
    On cable, we get Me-TV which is basically TV's greatest hits of the 50's-80's.

For example, the weekday prime time rotation is M*A*S*H, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Bob Newhart Show, That Girl, Cheers, The Odd Couple, and The Twilight Zone.

During other times, its The Rifleman, Kojak, The Big Valley, Bonanza, etc etc. If I'm bored, I can always flip over there and see something I like (more the 1/2 hr. comedies).

http://metvnetwork.com/metv_national.pdf
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

My top 5:

Dexter
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Breaking Bad
    Shameless
    Homeland / Last Man Standing

For example, the weekday prime time rotation is M*A*S*H, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Bob Newhart Show, That Girl, Cheers, The Odd Couple, and The Twilight Zone.
    Man, I would be glued to that channel. I've been watching some of the old "Rockford Files" episodes too, on Netflix, and I really like it. It's interesting to compare the pacing of a show from the '70s to one of today's shows. So much more deliberate.

I'm also into the 3rd season of "Mad Men" and really enjoying it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

La Dolce Vita

we get me-tv also...the comfort food television equivalent...give me some nice mac&cheese on an old tv tray, and i'm all set.
    teach tolerance.

I just feel like the show needs to go somewhere. They have brought in a few new characters, but it's basically been the same show for how ever long its been on the air.
    Isn't that how are Chuck Lorre shows are described?

I enjoy the show, but I think that's part of the appeal in today's TV world. With more and more shows becoming "can't miss an episode" watching (ie anything AMC or HBO runs, lost, 24, "reality" TV.

Its never "must watch" tv, but if you're home on a monday night looking for something to watch, you know its fairly reliable for 30 minutes of cheap laughs. I think that type of situational comedy would suffer if you moved it too far away from its base. As they said in "the Wedding Singer" nobody wants to see a 30 year old Fonze hitting on young girls.

anyhoo:

HBO on demand is now on episodes 5-8 of "The Wire" so I'm catching up and plan to watch the series thru. Great stuff so far, I can see why so many recommend it.
    Last edited by medford; 01-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    My guilty pleasure this year has been Workaholics. It's so stupid it's funny.
    This show is fantastic.
    Let's get weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    can't wait for season 2 of "downton abbey" to start sunday.
    I love Downton Abbey and season 2 was even better than season 1, IMO. Yes, I"ve watched it already. There are places on the internet where it can be viewed.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

That's CBS sitcoms in a nutshell. Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls...all formulaic, predictable and just entertaining enough that you don't turn the channel (usually). That having been said, I still watch Big Bang and HIMYM every week Once I start watching a show, I have trouble quitting it. Except with 2 Broke Girls, that was exceptionally easy to stop watching.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

During other times, its The Rifleman, Kojak, The Big Valley, Bonanza, etc etc. If I'm bored, I can always flip over there and see something I like (more the 1/2 hr. comedies).

http://metvnetwork.com/metv_national.pdf
    That's what TVLand should be. I wish one of the DC stations would go ME-TV. Like channel 20 or 50. Most of what they show is unwatchable anyway.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Merlin is the show I never miss-glad Season 4 is finally on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Turn Off Ads?