Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Yeah, "The System" might be a better choice of words, although I'd argue it's the same thing since capitalism is our system in this country. But similar problems as the ones you see on The Wire would probably arise under other systems.

I read a lot of comparisons with The Wire and Charles Dickens, but I always thought Dostoevsky was just as valid.

Not trying to make this a political conversation, but that's tough with this show.
    Season 5 was quite Dickensian!

They thought about doing a Season 6 -- the theme was going to be about the Hispanic influx and how it was affecting things.
    Where we gonna go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I went on a little The Wire binge last week...
    Whoa there. Spoilers? I mean, I've seen it, so I don't care, but you could have ruined someone's viewing of this show with just a few of these sentences.

Stat geek...and proud
    Can't wait for Mad Men to return. Just started it about a month ago and I'm already halfway through season 4.

I'm hooked on "Mad Men" too, and I agree that "The Wire" is the best TV show ever produced. It's completely brilliant, unapologetic, downright poetic at times.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Anyone following Eastbound and Down's final season? I just watched it the other day and loved it. Easily already funnier to me than 95% of last season.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    This forum needs spoiler tags.
    Spolier......

My favorite episode of The Wire was when Carcetti beat the incumbant Mayor in the primaries. The buildup and emotional high of that episode is something very few TV shows have been able to accomplish.

I am never able to put a finger on "why" that show was great. Maybe its the emotional roller coaster the show took you on. But man was that a great show.

This forum needs spoiler tags.
    Nothing against you in Ohayou, you have pointed out my single biggest internet TV pet peeve, people that complain about marking things as spoilers. Ok I get the guy that scours the internet looking for tidbits, and leaked scripts, those people should mark their posts as spoilers. My complaint is people that want discussion about a program that has already aired to be marked as "spoilers". When "24" was on, we had a 24 discussion thread, and almost monthly someone, would complain about spoilers because of discussion of already aired episodes. Newsflash, if you didn't see it, don't read the discussion thread!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I guess I need to watch "The Wire".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I guess I need to watch "The Wire".
    You'd love it. Just make sure you have plenty of spare time or vacation days as you may be calling in "sick".
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Season 4 moved me to tears a few times. Can't say that about any other tv show I have ever watched.
    I finished season 4 last night and I feel the same. It was incredibly moving, both in a sad and inspiring way. One of the amazing things about this show is how each season is so different from the others. I can't think of another show that maintains the elements that make it great from season to season, but changes the theme like it does. I still think season 3 was my favorite, but seasons 4 and 1 are awfully close. And I like them all for different reasons.

They did manage to include one of my serious TV show pet peeves in seasons 2 & 3 when they introduced the character of Brother Mouzone. This guy just isn't a real character and is the type of thing you find in over-the-top crime dramas. He was just out of place in this show, IMO. It's not that he wasn't a fun character, because he was kinda cool. He just wasn't believable, IMO.

I'm a little scared for season 5 based on some of what I've read about it. Part of me is tempted to just leave it at the end of season 4, but I doubt I'll have the discipline to do that. I'll probably be done by the end of the weekend.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Nothing against you in Ohayou, you have pointed out my single biggest internet TV pet peeve, people that complain about marking things as spoilers. Ok I get the guy that scours the internet looking for tidbits, and leaked scripts, those people should mark their posts as spoilers. My complaint is people that want discussion about a program that has already aired to be marked as "spoilers". When "24" was on, we had a 24 discussion thread, and almost monthly someone, would complain about spoilers because of discussion of already aired episodes. Newsflash, if you didn't see it, don't read the discussion thread!
    No complaining, just friendly banter.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Anyone following Eastbound and Down's final season? I just watched it the other day and loved it. Easily already funnier to me than 95% of last season.
    Yes, but I will miss Kenny Powers entering the field to pitch in a donkey drawn cat.
    Where we gonna go?

Most shows jump the shark when they add babies, but I think if anyone can make it work it's Eastbound and Down.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

No complaining, just friendly banter.
    No prob, wasn't really aimed at you.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

If you aren't watching Southland on TNT you are missing one great show.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?