Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Friday Night Lights should be required viewing for anyone who likes television.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Likes:

Chip R (07-10-2013),R_Webb18 (07-11-2013),WildcatFan (07-16-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Another shameless plug, but there is a new show debuting tonight at 10pm on NBC called "Camp". It is an hour long drama/comedy about a summer camp in Michigan (although it was filmed in Australia with Australian actors doing American accents. The magic of television!) My wife is a producer on the show and actually spent about a month in Australia on set filming a couple of the episodes. It isn't Mad Men or anything, but it is a fun summer show so if you would all watch that would be great. You don't even have to watch if you don't want to, just turn your TV on at 10pm tonight to NBC

The Bridge begins tonight on FX and has received very good reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

coachpipe (07-10-2013),Roy Tucker (07-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    It's an amazing show. One of my all time favorites. You don't need to love football either (I do tho)

8. Likes:

Chip R (07-11-2013),HeatherC1212 (07-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Another shameless plug, but there is a new show debuting tonight at 10pm on NBC called "Camp". It is an hour long drama/comedy about a summer camp in Michigan (although it was filmed in Australia with Australian actors doing American accents. The magic of television!) My wife is a producer on the show and actually spent about a month in Australia on set filming a couple of the episodes. It isn't Mad Men or anything, but it is a fun summer show so if you would all watch that would be great. You don't even have to watch if you don't want to, just turn your TV on at 10pm tonight to NBC
    I went to summer camp in Michigan, I'll check it out... congrats to your wife that's quite an accomplishment

2nd season of The Newsroom starts this Sunday at 10 on HBO.

Ray Dovovan has been pretty nails through two episodes. Highly recommended
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I went to summer camp in Michigan, I'll check it out... congrats to your wife that's quite an accomplishment
    Thank you. I'm very proud of her.

The show did better than they expected, so that's good!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I didn't watch it last night (watched Hollywood Game Night which ended up being pretty funny) but I'm very curious if any of you guys checked out that Sharknado movie on SyFy last night. I've read some hilarious reviews today saying it was SO bad that it was actually kind of awesome, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Ray Dovovan has been pretty nails through two episodes. Highly recommended
    I liked episode one but I hated episode two. I won't be back for anymore.
    Where we gonna go?

I didn't watch it last night (watched Hollywood Game Night which ended up being pretty funny) but I'm very curious if any of you guys checked out that Sharknado movie on SyFy last night. I've read some hilarious reviews today saying it was SO bad that it was actually kind of awesome, LOL
    I just watched most of "Giant Piranha" today. It was absolutely preposterous. It didn't even really have an ending. I loved it. Sharknado review to come later.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I liked episode one but I hated episode two. I won't be back for anymore.
    your a tough sell.

Halfway through Sharknado. I won't spoil anything. But, I will say that things escalate REALLY quickly. That, and I'm in love with Cassie Scerbo. She steals this movie. Oh, and the sharks. They steal it too.

A few more Sharknado observations. You know what kind of movie this is when Ian Ziering is the best actor in the film, by a large margin. Tara Reid was as bad as you would think. The guy playing Zierings son is the worst actor I've ever seen. Just the worst.

All that being said, I loved loved loved it.

It took about a season for this lesson to sink in, but I have to plan for additional emotional recovery time when I watch Friday Night Lights. I'm still on Season 3 because it's taking me twice as long to get through than any other show. And because I don't want it to end. It's classic television, so well done.

Also: all good things in life beginning at around 2:49: The ageless Kyle Chandler (seriously, this was almost 25 years ago and he looks EXACTLY THE SAME) playing Indians spring training baseball...

There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

20. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (07-15-2013)

Turn Off Ads?