Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

La Dolce Vita

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    They are pretty much all someone's daughter. David Mamet's daughter is another, Bad Company's drummer is another. Dunham's mom is a famous artist. That was some of the criticism about the show too I think, which might be valid if they were bad actresses, but they aren't.

As Vaticanplum mentioned, Mamet's daughter is terrific especially. I read somewhere she was supposed to be a very minor character but she was so good they made more of a role for her.
    yep. i saw them all on "the view".
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    La Dolce Vita

summer fun guilty pleasure....enjoying "master chef" w/ gordon, elliott and joe.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    summer fun guilty pleasure....enjoying "master chef" w/ gordon, elliott and joe.
    Never got into Master Chef, but I do love Hell's Kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    That's because the media only talks about one parent!

Seriously: Slap Shot!!
    "Slap Shot" is amazing. And I can't believe I didn't make the connection before today that she's the same woman who played Dr. Walsh in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Shame on me.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

So, what's everyone's opinion on The Newsroom? I personally absolutely love it, but it seems most reviewers and critics hate it.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Never got into Master Chef, but I do love Hell's Kitchen.
    I was a big Hells Kitchen fan and didn't much care for Masterchef until this season. I've flip flopped mostly because with HK it's not so much about the food as it is with the crazy personalities. MC is the opposite.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    So, what's everyone's opinion on The Newsroom? I personally absolutely love it, but it seems most reviewers and critics hate it.
    I'm still on the fence about it. I am starting to like some of the characters and if I keep watching the show it will be because of that.

The revisionist history still really bothers me. It seems to always come across as some what preachy I guess.

La Dolce Vita

i love master chef, and this season is great...hell's kitchen is a train wreck, as per usual.

also, finishing up season 1 game of thrones...peter dinklage is a sexy dude.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    I like it but then again, I'm a sucker for Sorkin dialogue. I think the acting is great and I don't think I've ever watched a show about producing the news so the environment is somewhat original for tv.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

La Dolce Vita

2nd season of "treme"...love the music and wendell pierce, who makes me determined to finally watch "the wire".
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    2nd season of "treme"...love the music and wendell pierce, who makes me determined to finally watch "the wire".
    You'll enjoy it. I've DVRd the whole series for my girlfriend and we have watched the 1st season. Hopefully we will get Season 2 watched before fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

That new Matthew Perry show "Go On" was pretty good.

Perry can carry a lead role. Some snarky humor and a little pathos and an ensemble cast that might be good. It's got promise.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

A friend recently got me into The Wire. I'm in the middle of season 2 right now, it's pretty addicting.

I'm excited for Season 4 of The League to start next month. What an awesome show.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

When Six Feet Under first aired, I saw everything but the last season. Since that was several years ago, I've spent the summer rewatching the whole series, and just finished the final season tonight. Good lord. I watched the last four episodes within the last two days, and I cried so hard I now have a tiny broken blood vessel under my eye.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 08-21-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?