Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Well, so far the 2nd season of The Walking Dead has been all soap operatic fluff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Well, so far the 2nd season of The Walking Dead has been all soap operatic fluff.
    I thought last night's mid season finale was one of the best episodes of the series.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I thought last night's mid season finale was one of the best episodes of the series.
    I did too, but the episodes leading up to it have been very disappointing. Too much awkward dialogue and not enough, you know, zombies and stuff.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I haven't seen episode 6 of the Walking Dead yet, but I've enjoyed this season. I never read the books, so I have don't have a clue where the show is going exactly or how closely it even follows the books, but I think there have been several fascinating takes on an end of the world scenerio such as this. You can only do so much with zombies, before its just another zombie scene, but the question of how much do you risk yourself for the life of someone you hardly know, do you try to repopulate the planet or is it worse to bring new life into such a harsh environment, to what extents do you just give up or try to survive, how much trust can you put in a stranger with a completely different background when there are so few around.

These are all questions that I hope/assume we'll never have to face, but are fun to think about. In the end of days, how are you going to react? The zombie's are just a sci-fi sidekick to the real plot of the story. You start doing too much zombie stuff and it becomes stale.

Like I said, I haven't seen the last episode, but I'll assume everything's leading up to the scene in the barn. That is a fascinating question in and of itself if you can suspend reality long enough to think it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I You can only do so much with zombies, before its just another zombie scene, but the question of how much do you risk ....

Yeah. 1b, DH. You can try to hide one in left, but sooner or later it's going to cost you.

Or am I on the wrong thread?

One thing I do know is not to pull a zombie out of a well with a rope.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    One thing I do know is not to pull a zombie out of a well with a rope.
    Not if you plan to drink from that well.

The Grantland recaps of "Walking Dead" have been fun to read. WARNING: Spoilers if you haven't seen the midseason finale.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...-the-slaughter
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I just got caught up on How to Make it in America. Anyone else watch?

For anyone w/ HBO on demand, they have just recently started their run of "The Wire" have season 1, episode 1-4 up now for a couple more weeks, then take those down and up up episodes 5-9.

I've been wanting to watch this series for a long time, I've seen the first couple of episodes of season 1 prior, but lost time and haven't had the chance to go back watch it thru. Looking forward to it based upon the reports of its greatness in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I tried watching the first couple episodes and couldn't get through it. The subject matter is right up my alley, but I think the acting and the plot and the script is pretty crappy.
    RE: Hell on Wheels

Totally agree, with Dabvu. This show should have been a homerun. Instead it is a steaming pile. It could have been so good, instead it is boring, and annoying. I had it DVRed so that I could watch it, sat down this weekend, watched it over three nights, and came away wanting so much more. The characters are good, the subject is good. The writing is DEPLORABLE. Cullen Bohanin had a chance, but the continued reinforcement that he is a drunk, does not advance the story and lessens his character. The Irish Brothers McGuiness, need to be shoved in front of the train, they are completely worthless to the plot, yet receive 10% of the screen time each week. Lilly is a fine character, and in fact the only one on the show, that it seems like the writers thought out. I like the Reverend, a little, but just when I come to that realization, the writers decide to throw in an abandoned daughter that he has not seen in 15 years, WTH?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Caught up on Homeland. Pretty cool show. Howard Gordon, one of the original 24 guys, is a co-creator.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Once Upon a Time and Revenge are my two new fave shows of the season (both are on my Must See TV list right now along with Happy Endings, Hawaii Five-O, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice) but are probably not all that interesting to most of you guys here. ABC totally owns me this season, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Caught up on Homeland. Pretty cool show. Howard Gordon, one of the original 24 guys, is a co-creator.
    I didn't realize that--I've heard the show called the anti-24.

I don't have time to get into serious TV right now (and don't have HBO, or whatever pay service Homeland is on) but I've wanted to see this ever since I heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I didn't realize that--I've heard the show called the anti-24.

I don't have time to get into serious TV right now (and don't have HBO, or whatever pay service Homeland is on) but I've wanted to see this ever since I heard about it.
    I guess I'd have to get more of an understanding of what is meant by "the anti-24". I think the content is fairly similar but the format is completely different.

Turn Off Ads?