Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Me and the wife have been watching American Horror Story on FX. It's a little strange but watchable so far. Anyone else watching this show?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

I guess I'm getting old. There really isn't any new show on this season that I care for.

And every show on seems to have a big dose of innuendo with it. When I see a primetime show that talks about a facial and I don't mean the cosmetic kind, I think the censors have a different set of standards these days. I like a little smut as much as the next guy, but it seems like that's all there is any more.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

La Dolce Vita

maria bello's "prime suspect" is not half bad. mature and kinda gritty, plus, her co-worker guys dishing out the grief are excellent unknowns..boss aiden quinn is a standout. "lem" from "the shield" is her sexy live-in boyfriend.

of course, the series doesn't hold a candle to helen mirren's british version, one of my all time favorites, but it's not really trying to be the same. i'm sure it'll be cancelled shortly.

as mr. tucker, i've seen very little else new on the networks that's worth watching.
    teach tolerance.

The only new shows that I've liked to far have been Revenge and Up All Night. Neither are great, but I do like them. I've also watched Whitney and Terra Nova and find them both to have moments, but haven't really been hooked yet. I've heard Homeland (not a network show) is really good and I have all of them on my DVR and plan to watch them this weekend.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

If you haven't seen "Sherlock" yet (3 90-minute episode TV series from the BBC), go sign up for Netflix and watch it immediately. It's Holmes & Watson in modern London, and every single thing about it is absolutely brilliant.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Me and the wife have been watching American Horror Story on FX. It's a little strange but watchable so far. Anyone else watching this show?
    I "know" the guy who plays Rubber Man on that show. Or actually, I work with his Aunt. lol! But I still haven't watched the show--it's on the same time as an another favorite.

Anyone checked out Hell on Wheels on AMC (1865 post Civil War/Lincoln assassination Railroad Drama)? I watched the premiere on Sunday night after the Walking dead, it looks like a pretty interesting story. AMC is awesome man they are kicking the crap out of most of the competition (sans maybe CBS). Check it out Sunday nights I think it was at 10 EST.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Just got caught up on Homeland, and it's very, very good.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Just got caught up on Homeland, and it's very, very good.

Yes it is.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've now watched the first 4 episodes of Boardwalk Empire. I love just about anything around that time period, love most things organized crime, and most of the HBO series' I've watched any of. I thought it was the perfect match for me. But for some reason it just hasn't captured me yet. I find myself considering watching another episode just to find something else to watch instead.

Does it get better the further into the season? If not, I think I'll just stop watching now.
    I've watched all of Season 1 and Season 2 (so far). I think the show is outstanding. I believe it gets much better than what you've seen so far. Then again, it just may not be your show.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

La Dolce Vita

now watching season 3 of hbo's "in treatment" with the mesmerizing gabriel byrne..guest stars this season include amy ryan (as his therapist, following dianne wiest) and debra winger..

this is a wonderful series, that i don't think i've ever heard anyone else here mention. constantly amazed at how riveting a "session" can be..the excellent paris barkley directs many episodes of this mark wahlberg produced show.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    now watching season 3 of hbo's "in treatment" with the mesmerizing gabriel byrne..guest stars this season include amy ryan (as his therapist, following dianne wiest) and debra winger..

this is a wonderful series, that i don't think i've ever heard anyone else here mention. constantly amazed at how riveting a "session" can be..the excellent paris barkley directs many episodes of this mark wahlberg produced show.
    I'll have to check it out. HBO Go is my new favorite thing.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Just watched the first episode of Boss. Thought it was fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Anyone checked out Hell on Wheels on AMC (1865 post Civil War/Lincoln assassination Railroad Drama)? I watched the premiere on Sunday night after the Walking dead, it looks like a pretty interesting story. AMC is awesome man they are kicking the crap out of most of the competition (sans maybe CBS). Check it out Sunday nights I think it was at 10 EST.
    I tried watching the first couple episodes and couldn't get through it. The subject matter is right up my alley, but I think the acting and the plot and the script is pretty crappy.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Any Workaholics watchers? This show is absolutely hilarious.

Turn Off Ads?