Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

I'm a guy who, once he's hooked, could care less if a show "loses its luster". I still love The Office, I still love Dexter. Having just gotten Showtime and HBO for the first time in my life, I'm hooked on Game of Thrones (reading the books now), Shameless, Boardwalk Empire, and Homeland. Although I noticed some of its glaring flaws, I liked the first season of Terra Nova, and will continue to watch it because I love the premise and it has so much potential. The Walking Dead is a must watch, and the first episode of House of Lies was hilarious, in my opinion. Looking forward to Alcatraz next week.

But again, I'm a guy who's easily pleased. I rarely leave a movie theater disappointed, and am always highly confused when I get home to see Rotten Tomatoes reviews after I see a movie I think is really good.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Hell on Wheels...yeah, not the most overwhelming finale.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Hell on Wheels...yeah, not the most overwhelming finale.
    Sadly that's becoming the norm w/ recent AMC shows. Well at least the Killings and Rubicon anyways.

Any word if they're picking this up for a 2nd season? I've got it loaded on my DVR, have heard less than overwhelming reviews, but I've also heard a couple positive reviews as well so I figured I'd give it a run eventually. However, if its not coming back for a 2nd season, I'm not going to invest the time.

Justified will be back tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Sadly that's becoming the norm w/ recent AMC shows. Well at least the Killings and Rubicon anyways.

Any word if they're picking this up for a 2nd season? I've got it loaded on my DVR, have heard less than overwhelming reviews, but I've also heard a couple positive reviews as well so I figured I'd give it a run eventually. However, if its not coming back for a 2nd season, I'm not going to invest the time.
    It is coming back.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Justified will be back tonight.
    !!!!!!!!

Thanks, Chip!!!
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Last night's "Justified" with Carla Gugino, mmmmm baby!

Great line from Eli Gold on "The Good Wife" last night:

“You know what’s wrong with Sun Tzu? He never fought the Jews.”

La Dolce Vita

just finished season 2 of "justified". kudos to margo martindale, jeremy davies, walton goggins of course and margo martindale again..as timothy oliphant said, just her presence made the show better..r.i.p. mags.
    teach tolerance.

The River --- Stink, Stank, Stunk

What a horribly executed first two episodes. It felt like four movies smashed into one TV show:

1. The Anaconda movie series (sans giant cgi snakes)
    2. The Blair Witch Project series (I sadly admit to watching the second movie as well)
    3. Paranormal Activity series
    4. Field of Dreams (without any of the baseball elements)

These characters are confronted with black magic, and supernatural spirits. Instead of freaking out, they just accept this and deal with it, in the perfect way? They also choose to spend the night under a shrine to a dead girl in the middle of a burial ground, after just learning in the first hour, that ghosts are very real and can kill you. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. The only thing worse is the dialogue. One could hope that the next episode, is better like most series after the network has a chance to add real feedback, by I highly doubt I will watch.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Finishing up the first season of The Wire. Unbelievable show, definitely one of the best I've ever seen. I really can't find any fault with this show.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Finishing up the first season of The Wire. Unbelievable show, definitely one of the best I've ever seen. I really can't find any fault with this show.
    It gets better.

Season 2 is a bit of a shift, but give it time -- it's probably my second favorite season.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

What are people thinking about Alcatraz? I have been watching it, it seems very formulaic. I want to like it, and it is fairly easy to watch, but the criminal of the week thing gets a little old. Essentially CSI: San Francisco without the "science". Each case wrapped up in a tidy bow.

It's perfect. When it ended it actually threw me into a little bit of a funk because I don't think there will ever be anything else so good.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Finished up the 1st season on HBO on demand last night as well. Really enjoyed it. I've seen about half of season 2 in the past, I think on demand starts running it in a few weeks, looking forward to watching all of season 2, and presumably the rest of the series as it appears they're running thru a number of their series from start to finish in 4-5 episode chunks since the year started.

Turn Off Ads?