Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Working my way through season 2 of Breaking Bad via Netflix.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Working my way through season 2 of Breaking Bad via Netflix.
    Enjoy! I almost wish I had never got started watching it on Netflix. Waiting for new episodes each week is quite painful.

I told myself for anymore serial TV shows I just need to wait for the series end, then I can just blow through the whole shabam. Waiting is for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Just watched all 12 episodes of Game of Thrones in the last week. Holy cow that's awesome.
    It's probably my favorite show on TV now. Love the political intrigue and backstabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Just watched all 12 episodes of Game of Thrones in the last week. Holy cow that's awesome.
    I did the same thing last Sunday. HBO replayed the entire first season before Season 2 premiere and I watched them all.

Great show.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Waiting a week between episodes is too long.
    Isn't that the truth. So far Season 2 has been excellent.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Isn't that the truth. So far Season 2 has been excellent.
    I agree. I haven't read the books so I don't know what will happen. It seems that season 2 is building into an epic ending.

I also read that they renewed the show for a 3rd season. We get at least one more year of murder, debauchery, and political intrigue. Love it!

Haven't started season 2 yet, but I'm interested on what the long term prospects for this show are. Martin say's he's going to write 7 books in this series, but he went 5 years b/w books 3 & 4, and 6 years b/w books 4 & 5. Book 6 is said to be in the works, would (could?) HBO put the pressure on him to release 6 & 7 in a timely fashion so they can work towards 7 seasons of TV?

Season one: 2011
    Season two: 2012
    Season three: 2013
    Season four: 2014 (book 6 released?)
    Season five: 2015
    Season six: 2016 (book 7 released?)
    Season seven: 2017

That would force two years b/w books, perhaps 2.5 years if they pushed book 7's release close to the show's release. Of course that assumes the show remains popular enough to last 7 seasons (the books have remained popular). Would George RR Martin be willing to meet that time frame? Will he actually put a cap on the series, or will he attempt to carry it out as long as he lives?

Oh, and Breaking Bad is my favorite show on TV. I think Season 3 was my favorite, though season 4 probably had the best writing and story line. I'm really hoping they cap it at 5 seasons like planned (though season 5 is being split into two parts airing in 2012 & 2013). There really only seems to be 1 plot line left to finalize before Walt either steps out of the game or gets killed or gets busted. trying to squeeze any more story out of these characters seems like they'd be trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Haven't started season 2 yet, but I'm interested on what the long term prospects for this show are. Martin say's he's going to write 7 books in this series, but he went 5 years b/w books 3 & 4, and 6 years b/w books 4 & 5. Book 6 is said to be in the works, would (could?) HBO put the pressure on him to release 6 & 7 in a timely fashion so they can work towards 7 seasons of TV?

Season one: 2011
    Season two: 2012
    Season three: 2013
    Season four: 2014 (book 6 released?)
    Season five: 2015
    Season six: 2016 (book 7 released?)
    Season seven: 2017

That would force two years b/w books, perhaps 2.5 years if they pushed book 7's release close to the show's release. Of course that assumes the show remains popular enough to last 7 seasons (the books have remained popular). Would George RR Martin be willing to meet that time frame? Will he actually put a cap on the series, or will he attempt to carry it out as long as he lives?
    I'm in the process of reading through the books now. I'm right at the end of the first book. I've heard that the third book is massive, and that HBO will split that book into two seasons. That's a lot of GoT episodes.

Supposedly, Martin had a roadblock with books four and five where he changed his plans and had to write through it, and he anticipates the rest of the series will be written faster. Who knows if that is true, I still think he will probably die before he finishes things.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Oh, and Breaking Bad is my favorite show on TV. I think Season 3 was my favorite, though season 4 probably had the best writing and story line. I'm really hoping they cap it at 5 seasons like planned (though season 5 is being split into two parts airing in 2012 & 2013). There really only seems to be 1 plot line left to finalize before Walt either steps out of the game or gets killed or gets busted. trying to squeeze any more story out of these characters seems like they'd be trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip.
    They already announced this will be the final season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    They already announced this will be the final season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And I hope they hold to that, I fear they'll try to extend it out to a 6th or 7th season to squeeze as much life out of the story to bankroll other AMC shows. I'm not even sure there's enough story left to stretch across the 2 part 5th season (how many shows, 6 & 6?).

I already have in my mind how I would have ended the show, and it would have taken about another 30 minutes tacked on to the end of season 4. I have no doubt the writers will do a better job, I just hope that season 5 doesn't seem stretched out with a bunch of episodes about nothing (aka season 2 & 2a of The Walking Dead)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I'm in the process of reading through the books now. I'm right at the end of the first book. I've heard that the third book is massive, and that HBO will split that book into two seasons. That's a lot of GoT episodes.
    I'm starting book 3 when season 2 is done airing. Page wise, season 3 doesn't look significantly longer (or shorter) than 1 & 2, content wise I guess I'll find out.

I'm starting book 3 when season 2 is done airing. Page wise, season 3 doesn't look significantly longer (or shorter) than 1 & 2, content wise I guess I'll find out.
    I may be mistaken.

Looks like it has as much to do with content as length:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/10/ga...nes-renewed-3/

Long a fan favorite of the book series, Swords has several dramatic twists and confrontations (so … save the date!). Given the book’s length (the paperback edition is 1,216 pages) and action-packed content, producers plan to break up the novel into two seasons.

Turn Off Ads?