Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Laura Prepon will only be in the 2nd season for one episode. I was a little worried after the 1st episode that it was just going to be a boob fest with no substance, but it is really well done. Crazy eyes has to be one of the great female minor characters in some time.
    Interesting. I'm not surprised and I don't think the show will miss her. I thought Alex was the least compelling of all the characters (once again, other than Larry).

The whole season, I was wondering how they were going to make Chapman's sentence longer. I knew she had to stay in prison for the show to continue, but I would not have predicted what happened at the end. I think that makes Chapman a much more interesting character. I'm guessing she will have to be moved to a maximum security prison and that's the direction the show will go. I think we'l see a completely different character next season.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Likes:

sonny (10-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I saw most of Masters of Sex the other night. Good show but I'm not sure how it can be sustained as a series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I kind of like where Revolution is going. Still want to know more about what happened in the room at the end of season 1. But I like how they are slowly showing you in each episode

Watched the first season of The Killing. As far as police/detective dramas go, this was one of the better ones I've seen. Nothing great and grand, but solid.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

7. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I saw most of Masters of Sex the other night. Good show but I'm not sure how it can be sustained as a series.
    I thought the same thing. I'll watch the 2nd episode via on demand sometime this week and see how it progresses.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Now that baseball season has ended, I'm getting caught up on some of my DVR rotation, including the final three episodes of Season One of The Bridge. I won't give away anything for those who haven't seen it, but what a fantastic show. Great from the first episode to the last. If Diane Kruger isn't nominated for an Emmy for her role as Detective Sonya Cross, there should be an investigation.

On a related note, FX continues to be the best channel on TV. They crank out one great series after another.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Now that baseball season has ended, I'm getting caught up on some of my DVR rotation, including the final three episodes of Season One of The Bridge. I won't give away anything for those who haven't seen it, but what a fantastic show. Great from the first episode to the last. If Diane Kruger isn't nominated for an Emmy for her role as Detective Sonya Cross, there should be an investigation.

On a related note, FX continues to be the best channel on TV. They crank out one great series after another.
    I want that phone that David Tate had because he had some really cool apps. That was the only problem I had with this season. Demián Bichir was fantastic too.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Demián Bichir was fantastic too.
    Absolutely. He could get an Emmy nomination as well. I just think Diane Kruger's portrayal as someone with Asperger Syndrome is phenomenal. She knocks it out of the park.

The Walking Dead premier was just as I expected...This show just keeps going down hill..I dont think it will get any better unless Rick gets killed off. And I dont think that will help too much

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    The Walking Dead premier was just as I expected...This show just keeps going down hill..I dont think it will get any better unless Rick gets killed off. And I dont think that will help too much
    I thought it was fine. It's going to take a few episodes to adjust to the new characters (although they are killing them off pretty quickly already). I didn't quite get the point of Rick's walk through the woods with the crazy lady though.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I thought it was fine. It's going to take a few episodes to adjust to the new characters (although they are killing them off pretty quickly already). I didn't quite get the point of Rick's walk through the woods with the crazy lady though.
    I watched Talking Dead afterward with the new showrunner. The point of Rick going off was to show the shift of Rick stepping back to be a father to Carl and Judith in a more comfortable role. The group has formed a council and the implication was that Rick didn't know what they had discussed, he had taken a step back into a support/father/farmer role. The idea was that Rick has been trying to escape the events of ____ and _____ deaths. Especially ____ which haunted him all last season. The dialogue between he and crazy Clara was that key, "you can't escape your past"
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I watched Talking Dead afterward with the new showrunner. The point of Rick going off was to show the shift of Rick stepping back to be a father to Carl and Judith in a more comfortable role. The group has formed a council and the implication was that Rick didn't know what they had discussed, he had taken a step back into a support/father/farmer role. The idea was that Rick has been trying to escape the events of ____ and _____ deaths. Especially ____ which haunted him all last season. The dialogue between he and crazy Clara was that key, "you can't escape your past"
    That makes sense and I did like the end of the scene with that bit of dialogue, it just seemed like a pretty big detour to get to that point.

I'm all about the possible Zombie Contagion angle BTW.

I'm into season four of Breaking Bad on Netflix.

This is a show that doesn't suck

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I'm into season four of Breaking Bad on Netflix.

This is a show that doesn't suck
    You have a way with words my friend.

18. Likes:

Raisor (10-27-2013)

Walking dead was weak up until the last 15 minutes.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Turn Off Ads?