Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Had to check this out when it started. Loved the pilot, never miss an episode. Freakin' hilarious!
    Just watched the first 3 episodes i agree , cant wait for the next episode .

2. Turn Off Ads?

Falling Skies is kind of an interesting show. It has been a bit slow but I expect it to pick up a bit as the season goes on. Kind of like the aspect that humans have already pretty much been conquered and people are trying to survive rather than the whole tired plot of Aliens attack like in so many movies and tv shows.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

New Beavis & Butthead footage:

http://youtu.be/sAAirNeKWxQ
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I've now watched the first 4 episodes of Boardwalk Empire. I love just about anything around that time period, love most things organized crime, and most of the HBO series' I've watched any of. I thought it was the perfect match for me. But for some reason it just hasn't captured me yet. I find myself considering watching another episode just to find something else to watch instead.

Does it get better the further into the season? If not, I think I'll just stop watching now.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I enjoyed it pretty much the whole way thru. Around episde 5 or 6 is when they start diving more into Jimmy & Capone's relationship and their time in chicago. If your into Mob Stories, it may be worth hanging on for a few more episodes and see if that grabs your attention.

One episode remaining on The Wire. I can't emphasize enough how good this show is. I truly can't. Season 5 is probably the worst of the five, but it's still just incredible television.

Made me sick to my stomach that I had to debate my roommate last night on which was better: True Blood or The Wire. The Wire is simply not recognized nearly as well as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Made me sick to my stomach that I had to debate my roommate last night on which was better: True Blood or The Wire. The Wire is simply not recognized nearly as well as it should.
    Just reading that, my stomach did a little backflip too.

My wife and I enjoy "True Blood" as a guilty pleasure, but it really has some atrocious acting, especially vampire Bill. And a lot of the "scary" moments are unintentionally funny instead.

"The Wire" is an absolute tour de force.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I think it's been talked about in this thread before, but Louie has been awesome this season and has been picked up for a third (along with fellow FX show Wilfred which is also really funny).

The Louie scene last week with Dane Cook was amazing.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRed27; 08-11-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

One episode remaining on The Wire. I can't emphasize enough how good this show is. I truly can't. Season 5 is probably the worst of the five, but it's still just incredible television.
    I just finished Season 3. Such an amazing show -- I can't wait to get home and start Season 4 this weekend.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Recovering Cubs Fan

South Park is the greatest television program of all time. It's almost too awesome to exist in this world. I like other shows too, but to put them in the same paragraph with South Park would be like putting the Beatles in the same category as Herman's Hermits.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I just finished Season 3. Such an amazing show -- I can't wait to get home and start Season 4 this weekend.
    I am half way through Season 2. I am enjoying it.

Its a good show but it is no Sopranos.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I have a few episodes left in Season 4. Season 2 was by far my favorite. Season 4 is pretty darn good as well. -SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT-

When Tommy wins the the Democratic Mayoral Primary was probably my favorite episode that I have seen so far.

When do you have time to watch The Wire? I have literally been working through the series for about 6 months now. HBO episodes are a good 55 minutes a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have a few episodes left in Season 4. Season 2 was by far my favorite. Season 4 is pretty darn good as well. -SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT-

When Tommy wins the the Democratic Mayoral Primary was probably my favorite episode that I have seen so far.

When do you have time to watch The Wire? I have literally been working through the series for about 6 months now. HBO episodes are a good 55 minutes a piece.
    I tried to just watch an episode a night before I go to bed. I should have slowed down to enjoy it more, but instead of flipping on the tv, I just put the golf channel or something on mute, and put the Wire on on my computer. Long episodes for sure, but man are they worth it. I recently just rewatched the first couple of episodes from season 1. It's amazing the stuff you pick up on it by rewatching.

How many watched the season 2 premier of "The Walking Dead"? Forgot how well they build suspense into the story line in different ways. I'm happy they'll have 13 episodes this season vs the 6 last year. It will be interesting to see how they work new characters in the show, something "Breaking Bad" has done masterfully.

Even fast forwarding with a DVR I thought the commercials were ridiculous on The Walking Dead. Really kills the flow of the show.

Also, kind of a buzzkill, but it didn't compare well going from Breaking Bad to The Walking Dead one week to the next. I enjoy The Walking Dead, but I kind of have low expectations.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?