Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

I just finished the 4th season of Sons of Anarchy. I thought this show was on the verge of jumping the shark during the 2nd season, but it's pulled itself back quite nicely. I absolutely cannot wait until the 5th season this Fall.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I just finished the 4th season of Sons of Anarchy. I thought this show was on the verge of jumping the shark during the 2nd season, but it's pulled itself back quite nicely. I absolutely cannot wait until the 5th season this Fall.
    I thought the 4th season was by far the weakest and a complete cop-out by Sutter. You can't build the entire season to lead up to only one logical conclusion and then bail on it because you don't want to off one of the biggest characters. He needs to take a cue from Boardwalk Empire on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So Double D is a good guy now? Or did he really just want to win on his own merit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it was more that he respected Joan. He wanted to pimp Sal out to the Lucky Strike guy out a couple of seasons ago. I know his marriage has changed him to a degree but I don't think any carnation of Don asks Joan to do what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think it was more that he respected Joan. He wanted to pimp Sal out to the Lucky Strike guy out a couple of seasons ago. I know his marriage has changed him to a degree but I don't think any carnation of Don asks Joan to do what she did.
    I felt like I needed to take a shower after watching that show. Pete is slime.

Nice bit of editing with the showing of the Don-Joan conversation twice.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Probably doesn't ever ask Joan but I believe previous Don sides with the other partners in going along. So either he changed or it was about wanting to win it himself. IMO he's pissed because he thinks people are forgetting that he's the great Don Draper and Don Draper owns the room in a pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stat geek...and proud
    I thought the 4th season was by far the weakest and a complete cop-out by Sutter. You can't build the entire season to lead up to only one logical conclusion and then bail on it because you don't want to off one of the biggest characters. He needs to take a cue from Boardwalk Empire on that front.
    Absolutely. If next season does the same I'll be out.

And is Mad Men on a mega-roll or what? It's one of the only shows that just keeps getting better this far into the run. This may be my favorite season.

Stat geek...and proud
    Don and Joan have always had a mutual (non-sexual) admiration for each other the whole series if you've paid close attention. Best example is "A Guy Walks Into An Advertising Agency" from season 3. There's been other moments as well. As soon as Pete brought it up I knew Don wouldn't be happy. I was surprised Bert went for it. He's usually the voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Don and Joan have always had a mutual (non-sexual) admiration for each other the whole series if you've paid close attention. Best example is "A Guy Walks Into An Advertising Agency" from season 3. There's been other moments as well.
    How awesome are Hamm and Hendricks together?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but he's talked about in interviews how surprised he was at the amount of hate for Clay. So I think that helps build up some more drama for him and I think things could go well with that.

With that said, the show might end up being better with him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Absolutely. If next season does the same I'll be out.

And is Mad Men on a mega-roll or what? It's one of the only shows that just keeps getting better this far into the run. This may be my favorite season.
    I just completed Season 1 and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not trying to get too much 'politcky' with this next statement, but I'm enjoying the parallels of the show with Ayn Rand.

Anyone that has access to AMC on Demand can now download to DVR Breaking Bad Season 4 Episode 1.

Directv Channel 1254

Note: Only in Standard Definition. (NO HD for now)

I suspect the rest of season 4 will roll out in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Anyone that has access to AMC on Demand can now download to DVR Breaking Bad Season 4 Episode 1.

Directv Channel 1254

Note: Only in Standard Definition. (NO HD for now)

I suspect the rest of season 4 will roll out in the coming weeks.
    For anyone that wants to catch up on Breaking Bad before season 5 starts on July 15th AMC is going to repeat the entire series from the beginning overnights starting next Monday morning (6/11) just after 3 AM. So every night for about 3 weeks they are going to show at least a few episodes overnight. So they will run all 4 seasons consecutively.

So if you set your DVRs it is a good chance for you to catch up on a great show before the new season starts.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 06-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Watched a British 3 part series called Black Mirror last night. Science fiction in the tradition of Twilight Zone. It was phenomenal, one of the best things I've ever seen on television, and I don't say that lightly.

Each episode is a standalone story, and it can be found on YouTube I believe. It runs towards being dark though, especially episode 1, so if you're sensitive you might want to give it a pass.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Breaking Bad: Best Non-HBO (or showtime, Starz, Cinemax, etc... where you can get away with a lot more) Show Ever???

I seriously recommend anyone who hasn't caught the show to set up their DVRs and thank me later (assuming you're not 15, don't think I'd want someone that immature to watch it). This is how my wife and I caught up on the show prior to season 3 (and thru the end of season 3 as we were still working on the DVR several weeks past the end of season 3) It was a serious bummer not having any new shows to watch on any given night we had an hour or two to burn.

Loved the last two episodes of Game of Thrones. The battle of Kings Landing was about as epic as you're going to see in a TV show and the finale to season two was very solid and very good. The White Walkers look like bad, bad, bad dudes.

Turn Off Ads?