Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    i liked fx new show The Americans
    Yeah, I'm hearing good things about that. I have it recorded.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    i liked fx new show The Americans
    I liked it too. There were a few things I had problems with. They should have got younger actors to play Elizabeth and Phillip when they first met. Also, if those are their natural kids, they (especially Elizabeth) don't treat them with much affection. I think the FBI guy moving in could have waited an episode or two.

I think Elizabeth is going to be a character with a lot of potential. Very loyal to Mother Russia but she's willing to let Phillip slide for his screw-up. She's protective of her kids but not particularly affectionate. She has a history of sexual abuse and doesn't seem to be very affectionate towards Phillip even after almost 20 years of marriage. They don't necessarily have to be the Taylors from Friday Night Lights but after that long, there should be some affection there that just doesn't come from him killing her rapist. I can also see why Phillip would want to turn but something like that should be a little more gradual. But I really liked the show and I'll continue watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Boooooooooooo to Dan Stevens. I think that pretty much marks the end of Downton Abbey.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Boooooooooooo to Dan Stevens. I think that pretty much marks the end of Downton Abbey.
    No hardly, they will continue with new plots, it is after all a soap opera in a way they will find conflict to lean on

The show will continue and I'll give it a chance, but I can't conceive the types of story lines that will make it as compelling to me to keep watching. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I think they'll wind up going way to soap opera for my taste.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I liked it too. There were a few things I had problems with. They should have got younger actors to play Elizabeth and Phillip when they first met. Also, if those are their natural kids, they (especially Elizabeth) don't treat them with much affection. I think the FBI guy moving in could have waited an episode or two.

I think Elizabeth is going to be a character with a lot of potential. Very loyal to Mother Russia but she's willing to let Phillip slide for his screw-up. She's protective of her kids but not particularly affectionate. She has a history of sexual abuse and doesn't seem to be very affectionate towards Phillip even after almost 20 years of marriage. They don't necessarily have to be the Taylors from Friday Night Lights but after that long, there should be some affection there that just doesn't come from him killing her rapist. I can also see why Phillip would want to turn but something like that should be a little more gradual. But I really liked the show and I'll continue watching.
    The affection between the two seems to be growing, which as one pundit said, strengthens the show rather than weakens it. I think this show is great; one of the best new dramas I've seen in a long time. I'm worried that F/X has a notoriously itchy trigger finger when it comes to canceling shows, so I'm hopeful that the ratings will justify keeping it around.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The show will continue and I'll give it a chance, but I can't conceive the types of story lines that will make it as compelling to me to keep watching. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I think they'll wind up going way to soap opera for my taste.
    I get the feeling Stevens, et al, didn't anticipate the extent of the show's popularity and that it was intended to be a shorter series about modern life colliding with the old ways of the grand British houses. Now that that's essentially been covered, he'll have to move the goalposts and it will be a challenge to keep it interesting.
    -Air Supply

My two new additions to the DVR rotation are The Americans and The Following. Both are really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    My two new additions to the DVR rotation are The Americans and The Following. Both are really, really good.
    I've really liked The Americans so far.
    I'm mixed on The Following. It's a cool idea, but the character development is terrible and it is just turning into a serialized cop drama, which if it takes that path I'll stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I've really liked The Americans so far.
    I'm mixed on The Following. It's a cool idea, but the character development is terrible and it is just turning into a serialized cop drama, which if it takes that path I'll stop watching.
    Agree on both counts. The episode of The Following was so bad this week, I am getting ready to give it up.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I've only watched parts of two episodes of "The Following" but I wasn't impressed. It's plenty violent but with plot holes you could drive a truck through. And Kevin Bacon, who I usually like, seems like he's mailing it in on this show.
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Agree on both counts. The episode of The Following was so bad this week, I am getting ready to give it up.
    I agree on last night's episode. I thought the first few shows were really good though. The only thing I see being a problem is how long can they stay with the cult following theme? First the son is kidnapped, then as he's being rescued the mother is kidnapped. What happens when they rescue her, the kid gets taken again? Doesn't seem to be too many available angles.

Last night's episode of The Americans was very strong.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    The affection between the two seems to be growing, which as one pundit said, strengthens the show rather than weakens it. I think this show is great; one of the best new dramas I've seen in a long time. I'm worried that F/X has a notoriously itchy trigger finger when it comes to canceling shows, so I'm hopeful that the ratings will justify keeping it around.
    Not to worry. It's been renewed for a second season.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/fx-renews...s-for-season-2
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

16. Likes:

RichRed (03-04-2013)

Did the following actually jump the shark by the fifth episode?

So many cringeworthy moments...

Turn Off Ads?