Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Was The Simpson's movie based on this?
    Or vice versa.

I hope that in the re-write they figured out how to end the story.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Or vice versa.

That would have been the only thing I would have liked them to change

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Or vice versa.

This was based on the Simpson's movie?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

This was based on the Simpson's movie?
    No..Stephen King started working on this book in the 70s. Just didnt know how to end it. And IMHO he still didnt end it very well

Under the Dome leaves me under whelmed. What a poorly written mess of a pilot.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Under the Dome leaves me under whelmed. What a poorly written mess of a pilot.
    Agree. And the humor was cheesy.

Joe: do you think the Govt made it
    Barbie:No
    Joe:why not
    Barbie: because it works

Hardyharhar...a bad attempt at making a joke about how ****ty our govt is. We all know the Govt sucks..but come on that was just cheesy

But then Im not fond of the character changes. Joe is an only child who is best friends with Norrie and Benny Drake in the book. He doesnt know either in the show and meets benny at the "bridge party" or whatever that was. Angie is not Joes sister. And Angie should already be dead. The Radio is supposed to be a hardcore christian station and thats it and phil bushey is supposed to be a MIA crackhead. Barbie starts off this show as a killer just passing through town? Not fond of that. Linda and her husband rusty are both supposed to be under the dome and have 2 kids

If they would have just stuck with the original story the show would be great. But that Pilot episode was boring, cheesy and just all around not very entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Agree. And the humor was cheesy.

Joe: do you think the Govt made it
    Barbie:No
    Joe:why not
    Barbie: because it works

Hardyharhar...a bad attempt at making a joke about how ****ty our govt is. We all know the Govt sucks..but come on that was just cheesy

But then Im not fond of the character changes. Joe is an only child who is best friends with Norrie and Benny Drake in the book. He doesnt know either in the show and meets benny at the "bridge party" or whatever that was. Angie is not Joes sister. And Angie should already be dead. The Radio is supposed to be a hardcore christian station and thats it and phil bushey is supposed to be a MIA crackhead. Barbie starts off this show as a killer just passing through town? Not fond of that. Linda and her husband rusty are both supposed to be under the dome and have 2 kids

If they would have just stuck with the original story the show would be great. But that Pilot episode was boring, cheesy and just all around not very entertaining
    I have not read the source material, but how this mess got green lit is beyond me. Basically they took the plot from "Jericho", added a little interhuman relations from "The Walking Dead", threw in a "Lost" mystery, written in the style of "Hell on Wheels".

No..Stephen King started working on this book in the 70s. Just didnt know how to end it. And IMHO he still didnt end it very well
    Read an interview about Under The Dome the other day, where they say they did indeed change the ending. In fact, when they showed it to King he was all "D*mn, that's good! Wish I'd have thought of it!" so I'm curious to see what they do now.
    Last edited by foxfire123; 06-25-2013 at 04:12 PM.

10. Likes:

marcshoe (06-25-2013)

I enjoyed it plus if anyone cares the ratings were pretty big.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Anyone watching Season 2 of Longmire? Great show.
    I enjoy Longmire. It's not my favorite show or anything but it's quite solid.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    I enjoyed it plus if anyone cares the ratings were pretty big.
    Ratings dont do anything much for me. Ratings also say Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive. Ive given up on what American people vote for

Im just hoping they can make it a little more exciting that the Pilot

Pilots aren't usually the best way to judge a series. The pilot for The Office was basically a rehash of the UK version's pilot. And in some cases, the opposite is true. You can have a pilot that will blow everything out of the water and then the quality goes down. Unfortunately, sometimes pilots are the only way people will judge a series by. If they don't like, they may not come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I didn't read the book, but I enjoyed the pilot. Seems like there is some good potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Pilots aren't usually the best way to judge a series. The pilot for The Office was basically a rehash of the UK version's pilot. And in some cases, the opposite is true. You can have a pilot that will blow everything out of the water and then the quality goes down. Unfortunately, sometimes pilots are the only way people will judge a series by. If they don't like, they may not come back.
    The Following was a good example of this. The pilot was exceptional, the rest of the season basically was one gigantic mess of stupid.

17. Likes:

coachpipe (06-26-2013)

Ratings dont do anything much for me. Ratings also say Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive. Ive given up on what American people vote for

I'm just hoping they can make it a little more exciting that the Pilot
    Just to make it clear I'm talking about the TV ratings for the show (As in how many people watched) not the TV show grade scale.

You might not care about ratings but they do matter.

Example:

The Walking Dead get's massive numbers. One of the most watched shows on TV and it's a cable show. I don't think it's the best show on cable but is really popular.

A few years ago FX had a show called Terriers (Look it up on Netflix if haven't seen it. It's really good) That got crappy numbers and was cancelled after 1 season.

Turn Off Ads?