Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I absolutely loved this show and hate that it was so short-lived on HBO.

Clancy Brown is an amazingly underrated actor... and NOT because he is the voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob, either.

Clancy's hometown is Urbana, Ohio, where I've lived for the past 11 years. He actually just gave the commencement address at Urbana University two weekends ago. He broke out Mr. Krabs at the end. His father Bud was a U.S. Rep for 18 years and his mother is a great lady. They've done a lot for this community.

Carnivale was great. I was ticked it didn't get another season, especially with how crazy the end of the second season turned out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I could not agree more....

I was caught completely off guard with this show. Of course, the content is beyond graphic and should not be viewed by those who are young. However, the casting was phenomenal and the writing was top notch.

While they have already confirmed that the show will return for a second season, unfortunately, it sounds like most of this season's writers will not be back for the second run.
    I wanted to watch this series, but missed the first episode and was later warned about a rather graphic scene involving a horse, so I've never watched it. I knew hurting an animal like that, and *especially* a horse, would turn me off the whole show.

So if I ever watch the series, the first episode is a "must not see" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I wanted to watch this series, but missed the first episode and was later warned about a rather graphic scene involving a horse, so I've never watched it. I knew hurting an animal like that, and *especially* a horse, would turn me off the whole show.

So if I ever watch the series, the first episode is a "must not see" for me.
    You know that zombies didn't actually eat a horse alive, right?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Well, I know I was told it was still something that someone who knows me quite well said I would hate. So, I'm just safer not trying to watch that particular episode! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Well, I know I was told it was still something that someone who knows me quite well said I would hate. So, I'm just safer not trying to watch that particular episode! lol!
    That episode was entitled "Guts" which pretty well captures the central theme of that show. It was an hour-long "ewwwwwwww aaaawwwwww oh jeez yeccchhh" kind of thing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Well, just to liven up this thread with some new viewing, I can post my list of current fave shows. I don't have all the cable channels so most of the stuff I watch is on regular TV and be warned....I'm female so there's plenty of guilty pleasure, soap style shows on my list, LOL

#1 Fave Current Show: Friday Night Lights (best show on TV IMO)

Show I Miss Like Crazy: Lost

Show I'm Most Looking Forward to Coming Back in 2011: FNL (don't have Direct TV) and V (returns in January )

New Show I Want to See: Off the Map

Other Current Fave Shows: Chuck, Hawaii Five-O, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice (probably one of my fave shows right now due to some great current stories), Brothers & Sisters (I gave up on Desperate Housewives....I do have my limits and they've gone way overboard lately. : )

Show I Watch When I Can: The Event (meh, it's not holding my attention much anymore), Law & Order: SVU, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Chuck -first 2 seasons are phenomenal, not quite the same quality, but still very good

Psych - I love Shawn's dry, sarcastic humor.

The Big Bang Theory - I just recently started watching this, but I have caught up. Sheldon is probably the funniest character on network TV

Modern Family - I think this is the funniest show on TV. Every character is funny.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Seasons 1 and 2 were incredible. Great writing. Not nearly as good anymore, but I still enjoy watching it.

White Collar

House

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Seasons 1 and 2 were incredible. Great writing. Not nearly as good anymore, but I still enjoy watching it.
    I cannot get into this show. The characters all annoy the everliving crap out of me. Tons of people I know swear by it, though.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    My wife has finally got me to watch "NCIS" with her and I have enjoyed it, in part because I was a David McCallum fan 40+ years ago in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
    My Golden Retriever is named LeRoy Jethro Gibbs. I call him Jethro for short.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I wasn't old enough when it was on the air and my parents didn't have HBO. But I stayed up way too late watching the Larry Sanders Show marathon on IFC last night. It's great, I'd seen an episode here and there but never took time to see a bunch of them.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

La Dolce Vita

dream on is another early funny hbo series.
    teach tolerance.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

New guilty pleasure -- "The Police Women of Cincinnati."
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

There are basically only two shows I make a point to watch every week - 'Modern Family' and 'Cougar Town'. Both are hilarious. Enjoyed the first season of 'Justified' also, and looking forward to season two. I mostly watch sports and news televison, other than the above shows or if I'm just surfing. Also am "forced" to watch a few shows with the g/f (Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Greys Anatomy, etc) in exchange for getting the big screen TV for my important ballgames (UK basketball, Bengals/Reds, and many others). It's a trade I'm more than willing to make.

My favorite current shows are all AMC shows. Breaking Bad is my favorite and I also like the Walking Dead. I am also just getting caught up on Mad Men. I never watched it originally but Amazon had a great deal with each of the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray for $9.99 so I am catching up and that is a great show too.

I also like Friday Night Lights, Boardwalk Empire and Modern Family.

My favorite all time show is The Wire. I watched it when it first came out. I also own the DVDs and I have been rewatching it as Directv has been showing every episode from season 1 on each Sunday night. They are currently up to season 3. I don't rewatch many shows but The Wire is so great I could watch it over and over.

I watched the pilots of "The Cape" and "Off the Map" and that will probably be the last episode I watch of each.

Turn Off Ads?