Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'm still thinking the falling out was caused by MM banging WH's wife.

Do you think that happens in 2002 or it happened back in the 90s and WH finds out in 2002?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So with the ending of TD, are the relics in the high school for future or past victims ?
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7eTYUD0S7E

Some good stuff from writer and director of True Detective. All about Episode 5
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I think braves is right. Kohle has been "off the grid" investigating the cover up/conspiracy and there was no true fallout between them. Kohle having an affair with Marty's wife is too obvious for this show. I think.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Do you think that happens in 2002 or it happened back in the 90s and WH finds out in 2002?
    2002. I think they would've shown it already if it occurred in the earlier part of the timeline considering how they've moved the timeline forward at this point.

BTW: Go ahead and just send MM the emmy. His work has been amazing on this show.

IDK if people are aware, but this show is going to be an anthology with a different setting and different actors every year. Gonna be really interesting to see who they get for next season. The bar has been set very high.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-19-2014),Razor Shines (02-19-2014)

BTW: Go ahead and just send MM the emmy. His work has been amazing on this show.
    McConaughey could potentially win an Academy Award for best actor for Dallas Buyers Club and an Emmy for True Detective all in the same year. I think he'd be the first to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I'm still thinking the falling out was caused by MM banging WH's wife.
    I think if he wanted to do this he could but don't he did.

Have any of you True Detectives watchers ever read The King in Yellow by Robert Chambers? Apparently the show is drawing on it quite a lot. I have ordered it from Amazon but haven't gotten it yet. Just wondering if it sheds any light on where we might be heading with the show.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    McConaughey could potentially win an Academy Award for best actor for Dallas Buyers Club and an Emmy for True Detective all in the same year. I think he'd be the first to do that.
    Technically they would be a year apart. Academy in 14 and an Emmy in February of 2015
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Technically they would be a year apart. Academy in 14 and an Emmy in February of 2015
    Ok, the McConaughey Slam.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

13. Likes:

WMR (02-19-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Beg to differ. Emmys are in September. McConaughey should be eligible for the Emmys this year.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2002. I think they would've shown it already if it occurred in the earlier part of the timeline considering how they've moved the timeline forward at this point.

IDK if people are aware, but this show is going to be an anthology with a different setting and different actors every year. Gonna be really interesting to see who they get for next season. The bar has been set very high.
    I thought it was going to be a miniseries. I didn't know they had plans to have another season or more. Truth be told I think it would be very difficult to be as good as it has been so far. Would you have Woody and Matthew in season 2?

I saw Dallas Buyers Club last weekend and it was fantastic. I thought that MM's character in both were somewhat similar. Moreso the current version of Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I thought it was going to be a miniseries. I didn't know they had plans to have another season or more. Truth be told I think it would be very difficult to be as good as it has been so far. Would you have Woody and Matthew in season 2?

I saw Dallas Buyers Club last weekend and it was fantastic. I thought that MM's character in both were somewhat similar. Moreso the current version of Cole.
    They could take the whole American Horror story approach

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I don't think the story with MM and WH would really work in a 2nd season considering how they've set things up between the two... their relationship going south and falling apart... timeline etc.

It's going to be done similar to American Horror Story except they won't be reusing any of the actors in different roles like in AHS.

I think a big reason they were likely able to get such big names for this show is the very fact that it's a single season commitment. I seriously doubt WH or MM would be interested in doing a multi-season run of a television show, even one as good as this.

I read a rumor somewhere that Michael Shannon is rumored as one of the detectives for the next season. That would be cool.

A very straight forward episode of TD. First episode were I didn't really think the flashbacks were done all that great accept for the fight. Next week previews if you pause them every ten seconds will make you sick in the stomach.

I also still think Marty and Rust have been talking in 2012. Marty during the interviews says his main problem was not paying attention to details that were right under his nose. I think he has already seen what the preview from last night showed.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 02-24-2014 at 03:41 PM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Turn Off Ads?