Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Given 600+ PA, how much WAR would Janish produce in 2011?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 0 wins (below replacement)

2 3.23%
  • 0 wins (replacement)

3 4.84%
  • .5 win

6 9.68%
  • 1.0 win

13 20.97%
  • 1.5 wins

14 22.58%
  • 2.0 wins (major league average)

20 32.26%
  • more than 2.0 wins

4 6.45%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Projecting Janish

Re: Projecting Janish

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Everytime I see Janish on the field I get flashbacks of Darrel Chaney and Woody Woodward.

Rem
    Tom Veryzer as well

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    It was also .306 in AAA and is at .308 for his major league career.

Not all evidence is created equal. Just because I guy is able to draw some walks and get some isolated plate discipline against inferior pitching doesn't mean that will translate against the big boys.
    Of course not. I wasn't saying it was a likelihood. In fact, I said the evidence suggested it wasn't likely. But my post was in response to a claim that there was no evidence of it being a possibility. I think there is some evidence that suggests .350 is possible. Do you disagree?

The statement I was referring to would be more appropriate to a suggestion he'd hit 30 HR or have a .900 OPS. There's no evidence suggesting those are possible. There's some evidence suggesting a .350 OBP is possible.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 12-17-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

.240/.315/.340

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Tom Veryzer as well
    Janish is around 20 Lbs bigger than him and all the other weak hitting SS he so often gets compared to.

Considering his size, his batting eye, and contact rate, his 2010 stats make more sense than his previous ones.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Janish is around 20 Lbs bigger than him and all the other weak hitting SS he so often gets compared to.
    That should mean wonders for his range going down the road then eh?
    Considering his size, his batting eye, and contact rate, his 2010 stats make more sense than his previous ones.
    Considering his age it's likely you're seeing the best he has to offer as well

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    .235/.305/.340
    Just for the record, if he puts up those numbers offensively, and his career numbers defensively, Janish would be very close to a 2 WAR player.

Just for the record, if he puts up those numbers offensively, and his career numbers defensively, Janish would be very close to a 2 WAR player.
    His career numbers defensively appear to be greatly skewed by a somewhat ridiculous 2009 measurement.

Considering his age it's likely you're seeing the best he has to offer as well
    Has anybody suggested he's going to improve over last season? At 28, if that's the best he has to offer, we should be getting his best for the next few years, right?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Has anybody suggested he's going to improve over last season? At 28, if that's the best he has to offer, we should be getting his best for the next few years, right?
    Yep.

Yippee!!

Still not impressed though.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    His career numbers defensively appear to be greatly skewed by a somewhat ridiculous 2009 measurement.
    I could say the same thing about his offensive numbers being skewed by abnormally low 2008, or even his 2009 numbers.

Yep.

Yippee!!

Still not impressed though.
    Are you not impresed with what he did last year, or his career numbers? Just curious.

I could say the same thing about his offensive numbers being skewed by abnormally low 2008, or even his 2009 numbers.
    Are they really abnormal though?

I am comparing his 2009 UZR to recent other numbers put up by SSs in the league. His number was abnormal to the rest of the league, not his history.

Are you not impresed with what he did last year, or his career numbers? Just curious.
    I don't think he's good enough to be a starter, I don't think his glove is elite and I don't think he has the stick for 400 PA's much alone 600PA's.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    actually yes, TRF for one.
    School's out. What did you expect?

It's not abnormally low if it's in line with what he did in the minors.

I also think his defense is a little overrated here on RZ. He's no Adam Everett.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?