Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greinke to Brewers

Re: Greinke to Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    How do you know Walt did nothing? The Brewers also took Betancourt who makes $4mil next year, so the cash they get isn't much. Adding $15mil in payroll probably wasn't an option.
    I know Walt did nothing because Fay asked him and they never made a call to the Royals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Leake, Janish, Heisey, Ondrsuk, and J. Smith would have got it done from the Reds side I believe. Would you have made the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Leake, Janish, Heisey, Ondrsuk, and J. Smith would have got it done from the Reds side I believe. Would you have made the trade.
    I don't know if that package would have got it, but I believe you're close.

YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I would have been upset if Greinke would have gone to the Orioles, Rays, Tigers, Indians, White Sox, Red Sox, Athletics, Angels, Rangers, Mariners, Twins, Blue Jays, or the Yankees...

The Front Office does nothing. That is what makes me upset.
    yes...getting chapman is doing nothing. trading for rolen is nothing...listen theres no question that over the past 15yrs the reds did do nothing, and i'm not pleased with some of walts moves, but at least they are doing something. they were clearly in on lee, in years past theres no way we even think of going for a rental of lee.

I know Walt did nothing because Fay asked him and they never made a call to the Royals.
    oh my god, really? walt never says anything, i dont believe for a second he didnt at least call if he was interested. he keeps everything secret, probably going as far as telling fay he hadnt even called KC. on top of that, i thought you were upset the reds havent done anything, maybe walts working some other angles right now, has fay come out and said walt is sitting around staring at the wall? come on man, you're getting fired up over nothing. this team is in good shape, we'd all like for an upgrade in LF and possibly SS, but walt is going to pick his spots and make the moves he feels are warranted.

I would be tickled pink if Walt goes and gets either Reyes to play SS or Beltran to play LF. I think either one would put the Reds way over the top in the NLC. I know all the healthy questions will arise. I just believe either one is worth the risk and would be a total upgrade at their postion. I even think Cameron would be a major upgrade in LF.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    yes...getting chapman is doing nothing. trading for rolen is nothing...listen theres no question that over the past 15yrs the reds did do nothing, and i'm not pleased with some of walts moves, but at least they are doing something. they were clearly in on lee, in years past theres no way we even think of going for a rental of lee.
    Last year & Last year.

Now the difference is. This year the Reds are in Contention.

They did nothing.

oh my god, really? walt never says anything, i dont believe for a second he didnt at least call if he was interested. he keeps everything secret, probably going as far as telling fay he hadnt even called KC. on top of that, i thought you were upset the reds havent done anything, maybe walts working some other angles right now, has fay come out and said walt is sitting around staring at the wall? come on man, you're getting fired up over nothing. this team is in good shape, we'd all like for an upgrade in LF and possibly SS, but walt is going to pick his spots and make the moves he feels are warranted.
    I love it how you will defend Walt doing nothing. Awesome prerogative on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I would be tickled pink if Walt goes and gets either Reyes to play SS or Beltran to play LF. I think either one would put the Reds way over the top in the NLC. I know all the healthy questions will arise. I just believe either one is worth the risk and would be a total upgrade at their postion. I even think Cameron would be a major upgrade in LF.
    If the Reds cannot add Greinke and his 13.5 Million Salary, how are they going to add Reyes or Beltran 11 Million & 18.5 Million.

I would rather had Janish at SS and Greinke in the Roation than:

Rotation as is and Reyes at SS

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    How do you know Walt did nothing? The Brewers also took Betancourt who makes $4mil next year, so the cash they get isn't much. Adding $15mil in payroll probably wasn't an option.
    The Brewers needed a SS after they included Escobar in the Deal.

The Brewers didn't take Betancourt's Salary to get Greinke...

That is a laughable point you just made.

I love it how you will defend Walt doing nothing. Awesome prerogative on your part.

we did win the division last year...i'm just saying im comfortable with what we have in terms of pitching. i would like to see upgrades at LF and SS but you're getting all up and arms because of this grienke deal. no one knows whats walt is doing, fay is a tool, walt isnt going to tell him anything, walt isnt an idiot. i'm sure he made a call to KC to see what it might take. maybe he didnt like what he heard, who knows, maybe was in on a deal for awhile, brewers came up with that offer and boom, who has any idea. no one, not even fay, despite what walt said to him

They gave a lot up for a guy who has only had one great season, and blew last season

The Brewers needed a SS after they included Escobar in the Deal.

The Brewers didn't take Betancourt's Salary to get Greinke...

That is a laughable point you just made.
    they could have got Ocap for about 800k
    Last edited by Krawhitham; 12-19-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Last year & Last year.

Now the difference is. This year the Reds are in Contention.

They did nothing.
    so the reds werent in contention last year? oh wait...they won the division.... what are you talking about?

so the reds werent in contention last year? oh wait...they won the division.... what are you talking about?
    In the Offseason before 2010 Opening Day...

Smart one.

Turn Off Ads?