Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greinke to Brewers

Re: Greinke to Brewers

We have like 7 starting pitchers as it is, why would we trade the farm for a guy who sucked last season?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    We have like 7 starting pitchers as it is, why would we trade the farm for a guy who sucked last season?
    You obviously don't know much about Greinke and his ability.

They gave a lot up for a guy who has only had one great season, and blew last season
    Greinke has a 2.16 ERA in the Loaded American League 2 years ago.

Started 1-8 last year when the Royals were so terrible and went strong to finish 9-6 down the stretch for a more terrible Royals Team.

Finished 10-14...

He was not in a very good situation to succeed with the Royals. Terrible Defense, worst run support in the American League...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    You obviously don't know much about Greinke and his ability.
    he has had one season with a OBP against under .300 in his career. The reds had 3 players last year do it

You must not know much about baseball

Greinke has a 2.16 ERA in the Loaded American League 2 years ago.

Started 1-8 last year when the Royals were so terrible and went strong to finish 9-6 down the stretch for a more terrible Royals Team.

Finished 10-14...

He was not in a very good situation to succeed with the Royals. Terrible Defense, worst run support in the American League...
    He was 1-6 through May but his ERA was 3.39

After May he had a winning record (9-8) but his ERA jumped to 4.53

He was 1-6 through May but his ERA was 3.39

After May he had a winning record (9-8) but his ERA jumped to 4.53
    Break it down anyway you want. He won 9 Games and lost 8 during that span with No Offense and No defense.

Ya know what Nevermind. If you all want to tear down Greinke go ahead.

The fact that this team only has 1 Starting pitcher who has EVER thrown 200+ Innings in 1 Major League Baseball Season is the major problem with this team.

The fact that none of you get that shows your naivety.

I am done talking about Greinke. All you want to do is knock him.

Zach Greinke is a Great Pitcher. Had a bad Season with a Terrible Team.

Go talk about Extensions some more and standing pat.

The Brewers needed a SS after they included Escobar in the Deal.

The Brewers didn't take Betancourt's Salary to get Greinke...

That is a laughable point you just made.
    Yes, the Brewers were dying to have a guy who has had an OBP of .274 and .288 the last 2 seasons. And pay him 4mil on top of that! lmao

If you believe that no wonder you believe everything Fay says.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Yes, the Brewers were dying to have a guy who has had an OBP of .274 and .288 the last 2 seasons. And pay him 4mil on top of that! lmao

If you believe that no wonder you believe everything Fay says.
    Has nothing to do with Fay. I think the guy is laughable. But Walt had said that too many media outlets... MLB Network, Buster Oleny, etc... Way to really pinpoint my post... Good Job.

So the Brewers "had" to take Betancourt to make the Trade Happen? Unlikely. Then why did they give up all the prospects?

Why don't you tell the posters the other stats that you didn't want to mention.

.259 AVERAGE 16 HOMERS 78 RBI

What a joke of a post by you.

Last edited by Hondo; 12-19-2010 at 03:05 PM.

he has had one season with a OBP against under .300 in his career. The reds had 3 players last year do it

You must not know much about baseball
    Why don't you explain your post and stat a little more...

Do I have to finish this sentence... You must not know...

In the Offseason before 2010 Opening Day...

Smart one.
    i dont know about you but before opening day i think most knew we might have a shot at competing with the cardinals, however i personally didnt feel last year would be the year we won the division. thought we were a year away, so i take it you didnt think we were going to contend last year?

QUOTE:

But the Royals' people, and scouts who follow the team, won't be the least bit surprised if Greinke becomes a perennial All-Star with a move to the National League and a fresh mindset.

"He's one of the best competitors and smartest pitchers out there," an AL scout said recently. "He fields his position, he holds runners and he can handle the bat. People can say what they want, but once the guy is on the mound, he has the ability to tune everything out. He's going to be the same no matter where he pitches."

QUOTE:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotsto...rry&id=5935920

Jeez, the venom! Greinke might well be a big timer in the future, but if he has a good '11 season he becomes the property of the Yanks or Bosox. I would rather see Walt do something about LF and SS, (hopefully one of 'em to hit lead-off), and give Wood, Leake, Cueto, Bailey, Volquez the ball on the mound.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I was all prepared to go buy about 20 sets of tickets for the upcoming season.

Now that I see we're probably going to finish third or fourth, and that the FO is asleep at the wheel, I think I'll save my money and watch the games on FoxSportsOhio.

Phillies smashed us in the playoffs and still added Cliff Lee to an already formidable starting pitching lineup.

Cardinals traded for Westbrook at the deadline and re-signed him to go with Carpenter, Wainwright, and Garcia.

Brewers are now contenders.

Houston finished '10 like we finished '09. They will be much better.

Might as well trade Votto. Surely he can't be happy watching the rest of the NL Central get better and the Reds inability to fix their own weaknesses.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 12-19-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    Leake, Janish, Heisey, Ondrsuk, and J. Smith would have got it done from the Reds side I believe. Would you have made the trade.
    To be fair, the Reds really didn't have what the Royals wanted.

The Royals wanted two young cheap power arms. Bailey is too close to free agency for them, and Leake and Wood aren't the potential #1 arms they are looking for. They might be interested in the Reds included both, maybe.

They wanted 2 young, MLB ready players up the middle with high ceilings. Cozart is not near the prospect that Escobar is, and isn't MLB ready. Heisey is a 4th OF type, so that leaves Stubbs and Mesoraco, and I wouldn't include either of them for Greinke.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?