Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Greinke to Brewers

Re: Greinke to Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Lance's blog had an article stating that between Sunday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon, the Brewers sold 1,100 additional season ticket packages.

Hmmm.

Say those were for a set of 4 seats. Say those seats cost $20 each. That's $80 for each game x 81 games = $6,480 x 1,100 season ticket packages = $7,128,000

Hmmm. That's in 2 days. Wonder how many more they'll sell due to acquiring Greinke.
    Great Point sir...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Lance's blog had an article stating that between Sunday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon, the Brewers sold 1,100 additional season ticket packages.

Hmmm.

Say those were for a set of 4 seats. Say those seats cost $20 each. That's $80 for each game x 81 games = $6,480 x 1,100 season ticket packages = $7,128,000

Hmmm. That's in 2 days. Wonder how many more they'll sell due to acquiring Greinke.
    They said they sold 1,100. That means 1,100 seats not 4,400. That also means they don't have to be full season tix. Probably more like $1mil in sales. No doubt he will have some big gates when he pitches though the 16 or so home games if he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    They said they sold 1,100. That means 1,100 seats not 4,400. That also means they don't have to be full season tix. Probably more like $1mil in sales. No doubt he will have some big gates when he pitches though the 16 or so home games if he stays healthy.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5947435

MILWAUKEE -- Zack Greinke already is paying off for the Milwaukee Brewers.

Team officials say they've added more than 1,500 new season-ticket holders since Sunday's trade with the Kansas City Royals, more than tripling the 400 new account holders the team had added in the first few months of the offseason.

Rick Schlesinger, the Brewers' executive vice president of business operations, says response from fans has exceeded "even our most optimistic expectations." He says the trade also has helped the team's sponsorship and retail sales.

that was already posted. a few more hundred packages isn't much. you think making $1.5mil in ticket sales makes up for the $15mil the brewers added to payroll from the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    that was already posted. a few more hundred packages isn't much. you think making $1.5mil in ticket sales makes up for the $15mil the brewers added to payroll from the trade?
    They traded for Bentancourt to replace Escobar.

The trade added 11.5 Million and your math is wrong...

and yes, I posted this about 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    They traded for Bentancourt to replace Escobar.

The trade added 11.5 Million and your math is wrong...

and yes, I posted this about 3 times.
    Lets look at this and actually use math skills.

Brewers add:
    Zach Greinke: 13.5 mil
    Yuniesky Betancourt: 4 mil (6 mil club option in 12 and 2 mil buyout)

Brewers lose:
    Alcides Escobar: .4 mil (assume they all make league minimum, if you know different then correct my math)
    Lorenzo Cain: .4 mil
    Jake Odorizzi: .4 mil
    Jeremy Jeffries: .4 mil
    2 million in salary covered by royals

so 13.5+4-2-1.6=13.9 million
    and since I think only .4 million was on the Brewers major league salary, they really added about 15.1 to their major league salary. If the other three were on the major league salary feel free to correct me .

I don't know where you get 11.5 from but your not actually looking at the whole trade then and have been misleading people 3 times. That or you fail at math while trying to say someone else's math is wrong :.
    Last edited by Quatitos; 12-23-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatitos View Post
    Lets look at this and actually use math skills.

Brewers add:
    Zach Greinke: 13.5 mil
    Yuniesky Betancourt: 4 mil (6 mil club option in 12 and 2 mil buyout)

Brewers lose:
    Alcides Escobar: .4 mil (assume they all make league minimum, if you know different then correct my math)
    Lorenzo Cain: .4 mil
    Jake Odorizzi: .4 mil
    Jeremy Jeffries: .4 mil
    2 million in salary covered by royals

so 13.5+4-2-1.6=13.9 million
    and since I think only .4 million was on the Brewers major league salary, they really added about 15.1 to their major league salary. If the other three were on the major league salary feel free to correct me .

I don't know where you get 11.5 from but your not actually looking at the whole trade then and have been misleading people 3 times. That or you fail at math while trying to say someone else's math is wrong :.
    What part of they added Betancourt because they were trading their Starting SS to the Royals don't you and your smilies understand...

And Odorizzi is not on the ML roster so he won't be making anything on the major league payroll but that has really nothing to do with it.

What part of they added Betancourt because they were trading their Starting SS to the Royals don't you and your smilies understand...

And Odorizzi is not on the ML roster so he won't be making anything on the major league payroll but that has really nothing to do with it.
    Betancourt was just another salary dump, if you think they actually wanted him as their starting shortstop then you can keep kidding yourself that. Although if you consider Betancourt a starter then I don't know what you think Janish is :. Oh yeah, Odorizzi not on the ML roster hurts your point, I was trying to be as generous as possible for how much money the brewers took on.
    Last edited by Quatitos; 12-30-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatitos View Post
    Betancourt was just another salary dump, if you think they actually wanted him as their starting shortstop then you can keep kidding yourself that. Although if you consider Betancourt a starter then I don't know what you think Janish is :. Oh yeah, Odorizzi not on the ML roster hurts your point, I was trying to be as generous as possible for how much money the brewers took on.
    So they didn't need another SS after they traded away Escobar?

I would agree the Royals dumped Betancourt's Salary but the Brewers were obviously trading for him to also replace Escobar...

So they didn't need another SS after they traded away Escobar?

I would agree the Royals dumped Betancourt's Salary but the Brewers were obviously trading for him to also replace Escobar...
    or could it have been that the Royals said either take this kid or no deal?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    or could it have been that the Royals said either take this kid or no deal?
    Who on the Brewers Roster would be the starting SS with Escobar traded? Could it be that when the Royals obvoiusly would have to have Escobar, that the Brewers took their starting SS who hit 24 Home Runs and 78 RBI by getting 2 birds with 1 stone???? So it worked well for both teams...

Who on the Brewers Roster would be the starting SS with Escobar traded? Could it be that when the Royals obvoiusly would have to have Escobar, that the Brewers took their starting SS who hit 24 Home Runs and 78 RBI by getting 2 birds with 1 stone???? So it worked well for both teams...
    okay if you are okay with who the Brewers now have at SS over who they had then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    okay if you are okay with who the Brewers now have at SS over who they had then fine.
    The point is they needed a replacement. They found it in the Greinke trade and the Royals could have afforded to keep him at his salary but chose to dumo the salary to go with younger players...

It worked out for Both Teams... and I actually think if Jeffress gets off Drugs and Oraizzi both become servicable pitchers, this could be a steal for the Royals...

Turn Off Ads?