Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan - Can it get any worse?

Re: Rex Ryan - Can it get any worse?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So what is the headline tomorrow..."Foot in Mouth", with picture of Welker?

/too easy?
    I picked up a copy this morning. Front page photo of Ellis straddling Brady.

Top headline: PAT DOWN

Bottom headline: Jets Slam Brady's Junk

LOL ... the Post doesn't hold back with it's sports headlines.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    +100. I'm dropping the Bengals, and am now a Belicheck-Welker-Brady fan. This is freaking awesome.
    How's your new fandom working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    How's your new fandom working out for you?
    Doesn't matter, we're kicking him since he's obviously a jinx.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Doesn't matter, we're kicking him since he's obviously a jinx.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So what is the headline tomorrow..."Foot in Mouth", with picture of Welker?

/too easy?
    I was hoping for, "Ryan Gets Last Laugh in Football Game"
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

In my opinion, the fact that The Jets ended up winning doesn't really make what Welker said any less funny.

The Jets are a bunch of mouthy guys and their coach probably has the biggest mouth of them all. Even if they end up winning the Super Bowl I'll still think they're a loathe-able bunch.

Rexy should learn that if you like to run your mouth, people are going to be extra mean when something embarrassing such as foot fetish tapes surface about you. It's to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    The Jets are a bunch of mouthy guys and their coach probably has the biggest mouth of them all. Even if they end up winning the Super Bowl I'll still think they're a loathe-able bunch.
    Cannot agree more. Shut the hell up and play the game. You have a very good team... grow up and act like men (or as Paul Brown used to say, "Act like you have been there before.") I am not sure when acting like a punk become a popular thing, but I do not like it. Perhaps I am just old (or mature)?

I root for the Jets to lose every game. Because they act like immature punks... from the head coach to the conditioning/strength coach. And of course not all of their players act this way, but they get dragged down into the punk-hole b/c of their teammates and coach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Rexy should learn that if you like to run your mouth, people are going to be extra mean when something embarrassing such as foot fetish tapes surface about you. It's to be expected.
    I really don't think Rex cares about what people say about him. He went hard after New England and it go in their heads. Welker ends up getting pulled for the first series and Branch (who did nothing all day) spent more time jawing at the Jets bench than in the huddle.

This week the Jets are doing nothing but throwing bouquets at Pittsburgh talking about how great they are, even though a couple of Steelers already have talked about how they were rooting for the Jets to beat NE.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

The way the Jets act is a microcosm of why I don't really like football all that much.

I think all the chest thumping macho BS is stupid.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Absolutely love Rex Ryan and the Jets. There's nothing like talking trash and saying your gonna beat another team down, and then doing just that. I hope the Jets win next week and Rex and his players have a field day at the Super Bowl media day.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Absolutely love Rex Ryan and the Jets. There's nothing like talking trash and saying your gonna beat another team down, and then doing just that. I hope the Jets win next week and Rex and his players have a field day at the Super Bowl media day.
    I prefer good sportsmanship and winning/losing with grace.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I prefer good sportsmanship and winning/losing with grace.
    The Pats sure didn't lose with grace. Deion Branch was crying a river the moment they lost.

I despise the Jets and have even before Rex was head coach. I normally wouldn't have any problems with PIT winning but what Roethlisberger did was reprehensible and I hate to see good things happen to him.

That said, Rex is good for the NFL. In a league devoted to blandness and homogeny he certainly stands out. He's like the classic wrestling heel in that he doesn't care about being loved and all he is interested in is getting a reaction and winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That said, Rex is good for the NFL. In a league devoted to blandness and homogeny he certainly stands out. He's like the classic wrestling heel in that he doesn't care about being loved and all he is interested in is getting a reaction and winning.
    A thousand times yes.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I despise the Jets and have even before Rex was head coach. I normally wouldn't have any problems with PIT winning but what Roethlisberger did was reprehensible and I hate to see good things happen to him.

Its more like megalomaniac behavior. That's not something I admire.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?