Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Podsednik and Renteria

Podsednik and Renteria

These are the 2 moves I believe Walt ends up making this off season. I think they would be good moves not great but good. They are good leaders who have been there before. Solid moves i think.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Podsednik and Renteria

Please no Renteria. How is that an upgrade over Janish? Renteria hasnt hit for anything since 2007 and his defense is a huge step down from Janish.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I like Pods because he hits lefty and could platoon with Gomes or Heisey, but please don't play him every day.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Wow, these are the additions people are now clamoring for...

Info: Brewers sold another 1500 Season Ticket sales the day after the Greinke Trade, there was the revenue the Reds needed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5947435

MILWAUKEE -- Zack Greinke already is paying off for the Milwaukee Brewers.

Team officials say they've added more than 1,500 new season-ticket holders since Sunday's trade with the Kansas City Royals, more than tripling the 400 new account holders the team had added in the first few months of the offseason.

Rick Schlesinger, the Brewers' executive vice president of business operations, says response from fans has exceeded "even our most optimistic expectations." He says the trade also has helped the team's sponsorship and retail sales.

Just say no to both, neither improve our team and in fact actually take us down a step or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Wow, these are the additions people are now clamoring for...

Info: Brewers sold another 1500 Season Ticket sales the day after the Greinke Trade, there was the revenue the Reds needed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5947435

MILWAUKEE -- Zack Greinke already is paying off for the Milwaukee Brewers.

Team officials say they've added more than 1,500 new season-ticket holders since Sunday's trade with the Kansas City Royals, more than tripling the 400 new account holders the team had added in the first few months of the offseason.

Rick Schlesinger, the Brewers' executive vice president of business operations, says response from fans has exceeded "even our most optimistic expectations." He says the trade also has helped the team's sponsorship and retail sales.

And when they trade off prince and others beceause they can't meet their salary demands watch their attendance drop.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    And when they trade off prince and others beceause they can't meet their salary demands watch their attendance drop.
    Not the point. Everyone said the Reds couldnt raise the payroll. The revenue would have helped counter the added Salary...

Oh well, pointless anyway... Greinke is a Brewer and pitching in Cincy Opening Day anyway.

Not the point. Everyone said the Reds couldnt raise the payroll. The revenue would have helped counter the added Salary...

Oh well, pointless anyway... Greinke is a Brewer and pitching in Cincy Opening Day anyway.
    not that much, and you need to add what monies you have to posititions you really have need for. Adding Greinke would have been a luxury, not filling a need.

Janish > Edgar Low-Renteria

not that much, and you need to add what monies you have to posititions you really have need for. Adding Greinke would have been a luxury, not filling a need.
    Not that Much? Add up 1500 New Season ticket sales, and thats quite a little cash infusion...

You will be sorry Opening Day, Mark this Post.

Not that Much? Add up 1500 New Season ticket sales, and thats quite a little cash infusion...

It depends on where those ST seats are. And again, adding him doesn't make our overall team that much better. He would only contribute to what like 30 games? It is NOT a position of weakness on this team and would stunt the growth probably of either Leake/Wood or Bailey. Of those 3, I believe both Leake and Wood have the good chance of being as good as Grienke if not better. You have glaring issues at LF that needs to be addressed and can and will have greater impact on how this team does. Sorry but Walt was smart, let the Brewers have him, when they have not hitters to score runs he will be back in teh same position he was with the Royals and unhappy again.

I will take our OD pitcher (probably Bronson) over Grienke this coming season in a heart beat.

It depends on where those ST seats are. And again, adding him doesn't make our overall team that much better. He would only contribute to what like 30 games? It is NOT a position of weakness on this team and would stunt the growth probably of either Leake/Wood or Bailey. Of those 3, I believe both Leake and Wood have the good chance of being as good as Grienke if not better. You have glaring issues at LF that needs to be addressed and can and will have greater impact on how this team does. Sorry but Walt was smart, let the Brewers have him, when they have not hitters to score runs he will be back in teh same position he was with the Royals and unhappy again.

I will take our OD pitcher (probably Bronson) over Grienke this coming season in a heart beat.
    They have a window of opportunity to Win, and they have 5 players with 20 Homers and 80 RBI last year on the roster...

I think they are the favorites to win the Central.

Hart
    Weeks
    Braun
    Fielder
    McGahee
    Gomez
    Bentancourt
    Lucroy

That Lineup will be Lethal!

Going with the pitching staff, Look out...

They have a window of opportunity to Win, and they have 5 players with 20 Homers and 80 RBI last year on the roster...

I think they are the favorites to win the Central.

Hart
    Weeks
    Braun
    Fielder
    McGahee
    Gomez
    Bentancourt
    Lucroy

That Lineup will be Lethal!

Going with the pitching staff, Look out...
    please I see them maybe 3rd, but more like 4th. i see it being us the cards and houston who will be the surprise team this year. The Brewers have 2 good pitchers on their entire staff and 2 very good hitters. plus they will be losing some of that talent come the trading deadline...

please I see them maybe 3rd, but more like 4th. i see it being us the cards and houston who will be the surprise team this year. The Brewers have 2 good pitchers on their entire staff and 2 very good hitters. plus they will be losing some of that talent come the trading deadline...
    You are living in La La land... That Lineup is probably better than the reds 1-8

Please see my response in the Walt horse-trader thread. The bottom line is that this would not have happened for the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?