21 45.65%
  • Henry Rodriguez

25 54.35%

Thread: Prospect #24 run-off vote

Prospect #24 run-off vote

Kris Negron or Henry Rodriguez?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prospect #24 run-off vote

IMO a no brainer here, does Henry project to be any better a major leaguer than Negron? Perhaps his ceiling is a smidge higher at best, but the actual likelihood of him getting to where Negron is headed and reaching his ceiling is highly unlikely.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I went with Rodriguez. I like his bat more. He has better power now, switch hits, has a nice hit tool and I think he can stick at second base. Negron has the better defense and plate discipline, but I think a slight (and a very slight edge it is) goes to Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    IMO a no brainer here, does Henry project to be any better a major leaguer than Negron? Perhaps his ceiling is a smidge higher at best, but the actual likelihood of him getting to where Negron is headed and reaching his ceiling is highly unlikely.
    It's highly unlikely? Why? While Negron is about to turn 25, Rodriguez is about to turn 21 so Rodriguez still has plenty of time to work on things. But the chances of Rodriguez improving his weak areas so his ceiling just matches Negron is 'highly unlikely'? I don't get it.

Rodriguez has been pretty consistent with his ability to hit and have a good ops. Negron hasn't been consistent in those areas. Rodriguez has hit .300+ each of the last 3 years with an ops right around .800 over those 3 years. The only time Negron has ever hit .300+ or had an .800+ ops were in stops that amounted to 28 abs and 116 abs.

Rodriguez actually seems a little underrated imo. Negron seems a little like Valaika in that he could be a good backup but probably not a good starter for an extended amount of time. At least with Rodriguez there's still starter potential.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 12-23-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: tamed down sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    It's highly unlikely? Why? While Negron is about to turn 25, Rodriguez is about to turn 21 so Rodriguez still has plenty of time to work on things. But the chances of Rodriguez improving his weak areas so his ceiling just matches Negron is 'highly unlikely'? I don't get it.

Rodriguez has been pretty consistent with his ability to hit and have a good ops. Negron hasn't been consistent in those areas. Rodriguez has hit .300+ each of the last 3 years with an ops right around .800 over those 3 years. The only time Negron has ever hit .300+ or had an .800+ ops were in stops that amounted to 28 abs and 116 abs.

Rodriguez actually seems a little underrated imo. Negron seems a little like Valaika in that he could be a good backup but probably not a good starter for an extended amount of time. At least with Rodriguez there's still starter potential.
    No you misunderstand me. HRod reaching his own ceiling is highly unlikely IMO. I just tend to believe that with anyone in general. And even if he does I don't believe his ceiling is really much higher than Negrons if at all. In fact I believe it's possible that Negrons ceiling might actually be higher, but I'm on the fence a bit in that regard. But what I do know is Negron is much closer to both realizing his ceiling and of course reaching the pros. At this point we have no clue if Henry will even make it to AA. Negron seems like his path to the bigs is almost a certainty with his ability to actually play a fair SS.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?