Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is a pitcher with a 60/67 W/L record and lifetime 3.82 really that great?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Is a pitcher with a 60/67 W/L record and lifetime 3.82 really that great?

W/L stat is completely overvalued when appraising a pitcher's value.

That being said, I do agree that Greinke was the beneficiary of a little "irrational exuberance." I would have liked to have had him and I would have given up what the Brewers did, but I think we have more than enough pitching to get us by.

Now, I would love to see us pick up a legit LF and leadoff guy....perhaps one dude can wear both hats....
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    not enough to off set the loss of players it would have cost us or at the cost of development of a Leake or Wood. plus you add payroll which would have hurt our ability to hopefully add maybe a quality LF. So no i don't see improving the team overall and that is what you have to look at. I don't believe the Brewers are overall better now that they have him then they were before they got him.
    The Brewers did not Trade any Major League Pitching...

Anyone who thinks Greinke is overrated will find out this year that he isn't overrated..

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Jeffries pitched for the Brewers last season and will be in the Royals rotation in 2011.

Regardless, there is no way the Royals trade Greinke to the Reds without a young, MLB ready starting pitcher coming back.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Anyone who thinks Greinke is overrated will find out this year that he isn't overrated..
    I mean, doesn't anybody remember how he pitched against the Reds last year?

Except for two homers to Votto, he was lights out. 9 IP CG 5 Hitter with 12 K's and no walks.

He is and will be dominant.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    who do they have that the Royals would have wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    LOL. you obv know more than top baseball execs.
    If Grienke is so valuable how is it the Brewers ended up with him? Are you telling me that the Yankees, Rangers, Angels, Red Sox, Cardinals, Braves gosh who else just didn't want him or didn't think he was worth giving that much up for?

If Grienke is so valuable how is it the Brewers ended up with him? Are you telling me that the Yankees, Rangers, Angels, Red Sox, Cardinals, Braves gosh who else just didn't want him or didn't think he was worth giving that much up for?
    He was probably on his no-trade list. Did you follow the Greinke stories?

And to answer your question, yes, he is that good. I think I'd rather the Reds keep their prospects, myself, unless there was a way to deal away Cordero at the same time to make money room.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf371 View Post
    He was probably on his no-trade list. Did you follow the Greinke stories?

And to answer your question, yes, he is that good. I think I'd rather the Reds keep their prospects, myself, unless there was a way to deal away Cordero at the same time to make money room.
    Never said he wasn't good, i just don't believe he that much of a step up then what we have, he is more expensive and would have cost us some serious young talent.

Never said he wasn't good, i just don't believe he that much of a step up then what we have, he is more expensive and would have cost us some serious young talent.
    lol i honestly believe you are one big level. a spoof account for sure. nobody could have 1300posts on a bseball forum and be this clueless. he didnt go to all those teams you listed bc he had a no trade clause in his contract to most of those teams. im sure you will spout off some other dumb stuff to make yourself feel better but you really are a joke.

Turn Off Ads?