Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think the reds players should be on here

I think the reds players should be on here

I think the Reds Players should be on here at redzone to talk to us fans.
    Michelle
    I think that would be cool haveing them joine redzone.
    Michelle

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I think the reds players should be on here

Is this a serious post?

* SORRY *

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I think the Reds Players should be on here at redzone to talk to us fans.
    Michelle
    I think that would be cool haveing them joine redzone.
    Michelle
    Last edited by goreds2; 12-26-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Title
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I'm Jonny Gomes.

Hey Michelle
    I'm Johnny Vander Meer. I used to pitch for the Reds.
    Johnny

I threw 2 no-hitters.
    Johnny

I threw them back to back.
    Johnny
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

"Another note: Gomes told me yesterday that Rolen and Cabrera congratulate teammates for 10-pitch ABs that end in outs, and for sacrificing themselves to get runners over. Gomes said hes never been on a team that did that, not even the World Series Rays." -PD

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I don't think we've ever had any actual Reds players participate here....not that I know of, anyway....we have had some family members of players...Todd Coffey's brother used to post here under the name "CoffeyBro."

Although I think it's probably a good thing that players don't participate in fan atmospheres such as these, it would be funny to take notice of the severe reduction of ad hominem attacks levied towards players by some of these keyboard cowboys.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

I remember when Shayne Graham's sister use to post on the message boards at bengals.com. She was pretty cool, but Shane obviously had his limitations and he took heat for it on the boards. For the most part she handled it well, but she had to defend him a lot and I'm sure it became uncomfortable at some point. It would be cool if some former players chimed in occasionally, but I don't know about current players. Or maybe I'm just jaded because I read Chad Johnson-Ochocinco's daily ramblings on my FB page.

"I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Michelle,

Ignore the high schoolish teasing from the first few responses to your post.

I agree it would be fun to communicate with a player or front office person, but it's highly unlikely any would ever reveal themselves if they ever do frequent the board. I'm sure they're advised by their employer not to engage in such activity. If they made one wrong statement that offended a fan it would be splashed all over the place.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I remember when Shayne Graham's sister use to post on the message boards at bengals.com. She was pretty cool, but Shane obviously had his limitations and he took heat for it on the boards. For the most part she handled it well, but she had to defend him a lot and I'm sure it became uncomfortable at some point. It would be cool if some former players chimed in occasionally, but I don't know about current players. Or maybe I'm just jaded because I read Chad Johnson-Ochocinco's daily ramblings on my FB page.

Ah, Bengal_SIS. I know of her well. She had good intentions, for the most part, but she just opened herself up for most of the abuse she took.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Wasn't Keymastur a Reds' minor leaguer who actually made it to the show briefly?
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Stat geek...and proud
    Ryan Jorgenson iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Wasn't Keymastur a Reds' minor leaguer who actually made it to the show briefly?

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/4/14. I promise.

cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Yup, think he even came back here briefly last season.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Anyone who is a bangels fan should not post on Reds fan form. Also I will ignore anyone who talks about a baseball player being murederd. One of my friend got killed. That hurts my feelings I am still haveing troubles with it. His next door neightbor did it. And it is still hard for me to think about it it only happend last summer.
    Sincerely Michelle

Turn Off Ads?