Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

You need to have someone other teams have to respect or else all the top linemen in the world are not going to be able to block 8-9 guys in the box on every running play.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

WR is the most overrated position in the NFL. Sure, it's nice to have a big target that can stretch the field, but it's still an overrated position. The game is won and lost in the trenches. Give your QB some time, he'll eventually find somebody open (Andre Johnson or Quan Cosby). Considering there's no O-Lineman worthy of the #4 overall pick (Thanks Andre Smith), I'd take Bowers or hope somebody gets desperate and is willing to trade up (unlikely given this year's overall draft class).
    I don't know if you can call any position overrated in this league. If you were a Rams fan, you would think differently on this position. What was amazing about Bradford this year is that he set records for completions and attempts by a rookie QB with the likes of Danny Amendola as the #1 receiver on the Rams. However, the Rams did not have a deep threat that could separate from defensive players. This hurt them in several of their games including their final game against Seattle. A good receiver will also open up the run game more as well. I am excited to see how well Bradford will progress next year when we get him a true #1 WR. This should help out Steven Jackson as well.

Since Luck is out of the mix, I think Blaine Gabbert will be the #1 QB in the draft. This guy was fun to watch at Mizzou. The only concern I have about him is that at times when he got in trouble in the pocket, he would not exactly make the right decision at the right time. This can be fixed though.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I don't know if you can call any position overrated in this league. If you were a Rams fan, you would think differently on this position. What was amazing about Bradford this year is that he set records for completions and attempts by a rookie QB with the likes of Danny Amendola as the #1 receiver on the Rams. However, the Rams did not have a deep threat that could separate from defensive players. This hurt them in several of their games including their final game against Seattle. A good receiver will also open up the run game more as well. I am excited to see how well Bradford will progress next year when we get him a true #1 WR. This should help out Steven Jackson as well.

Since Luck is out of the mix, I think Blaine Gabbert will be the #1 QB in the draft. This guy was fun to watch at Mizzou. The only concern I have about him is that at times when he got in trouble in the pocket, he would not exactly make the right decision at the right time. This can be fixed though.
    I personally like the guy from TCU myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Speaking of Blaine Gabbert, Todd Mcshay and Mel Kipper have him as the #1 QB to take in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Speaking of Blaine Gabbert, Todd Mcshay and Mel Kipper have him as the #1 QB to take in the draft.
    Without Luck in this draft the QB position feels forced. Kind of like, "We kept saying that these guys should be high first round picks, now what?"

I kind of like Gabbert, but I wouldn't blow the first pick on him.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?