Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

2011 NFL Draft

Does anyone know if a date has been set for this yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm wondering if labor unrest has prevented them from setting a date yet. Their normal April weekend is Easter this year. I don't know if that's a problem for them or not

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

I swear I'm going to flip out if the Bengals draft AJ Green.

i cant answer ur question but who ever the bengals pick it will be the wrong pick. oh and congrats marvin lewis and Carson palmer on saving ur jobs, I cant freaking wait to watch ur mediocrity another 2-4 years. then ill get the pleasure of you 2 passing down ur mediocrity to the next group of clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Agree.

Despite the emergences of Dunlap, Johnson and Atkins I bet they go DaQuan Bowers if available. Bowers and Johnson on the ends, Dunlap inside to take over for Tank, next to Peko and Atkins in for Peko on passing downs. Just my gut, which means they will probably go with Cam Newton.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    i cant answer ur question but who ever the bengals pick it will be the wrong pick. oh and congrats marvin lewis and Carson palmer on saving ur jobs, I cant freaking wait to watch ur mediocrity another 2-4 years. then ill get the pleasure of you 2 passing down ur mediocrity to the next group of clowns.
    I'd love to own this as a jersey:
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Does anyone know if a date has been set for this yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm wondering if labor unrest has prevented them from setting a date yet. Their normal April weekend is Easter this year. I don't know if that's a problem for them or not
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/03/2...h-andrew-luck/

The dates of the 2011 draft with a mock draft to boot.

Why?

I believe the draft is April 28-30. My order of preference for the Bengals goes like this:

1. Andrew Luck QB (will need more than "luck" for him to be available, although the Bengals have traded for the #1 pick with Carolina before)
    2. Da'Quan Bowers DE
    3. AJ Green WR
    4. Nick Fairley DT
    5. Robert Quinn DE

In the 2nd round, I'd like to see them take the best OL or S on the board.
    Go BLUE!!!

If the Bengals lose one of their CBs to free agency then the pick has to be Peterson

I thought I heard them discussing that this would be the last thing to occur before a possible lockout. So it really stinks for a college junior who would get drafted and then immediately locked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Why? If he's the best athlete on the board, then why not? He's an excellent WR and someone who I think will be an excellent pro.

With that said, I think there will be better options with Bowers and Fairley.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 01-04-2011 at 10:53 AM.

If the Bengals lose one of their CBs to free agency then the pick has to be Peterson
    I disagree. Cornerback is an overrated position in the league along with WR. Look at the top defenses in the league and think about the cornerbacks on their team. Pittsburgh has never had a 'great' CB and yet, they consistently remain one of the best defenses in the league. If you generate a pass rush, you don't need great corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I disagree. Cornerback is an overrated position in the league along with WR. Look at the top defenses in the league and think about the cornerbacks on their team. Pittsburgh has never had a 'great' CB and yet, they consistently remain one of the best defenses in the league. If you generate a pass rush, you don't need great corners.
    Disagree. Some of the great defenses in recent history had a great secondary or a great defender. The Jets D was great last season because of Revis. The Pats of a few years ago had a great D because of Ty Law. Those two players were able to shut down the opponent's best player. The Ravens and their great D had both Reed and McAllister in their secondary and even though he isn't a CB Polamalu makes the Steelers go.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Why?

I believe the draft is April 28-30. My order of preference for the Bengals goes like this:

1. Andrew Luck QB (will need more than "luck" for him to be available, although the Bengals have traded for the #1 pick with Carolina before)
    2. Da'Quan Bowers DE
    3. AJ Green WR
    4. Nick Fairley DT
    5. Robert Quinn DE

In the 2nd round, I'd like to see them take the best OL or S on the board.
    I think the #1 pick will be available -- especially if no CBA has been signed with a rookie salary system by the date of the draft. I highly doubt Luck is going to CAR. My guess is that whoever is hired as their next head coach will get the gig by saying the magic words to ownership "I can win with Jimmy Clausen." That means no Luck for CAR.

Having said that, I think the Bengals would be wiser to concentrate on solving their issues up front on the O-Line and D-Line before moving into the QB search phase.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Peterson can also return kicks and contribute on special teams.

Actually I think you could make a better case that WR is an overrated position than CB

Turn Off Ads?