25. Kings of Leon Come Around Sundown (RCA)
24. Joanna Newsom Have One on Me (Drag City)
23. Fitz & The Tantrums Pickin Up the Pieces (Dangerbird)
22. Surfer Blood Astro Coast (Kanine)
21. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings I Learned the Hard Way (Daptone)
20. Wintersleep New Inheritors (Tom Kotter)
19. Yeasayer Odd Blood (Secretly Canadian)
18. Lissie Catching a Tiger (Fat Possum)
17. LCD Soundsystem This is Happening (EMI)
16. Stacy Clark Connect the Dots (Vanguard)
15. Big Boi Sir Lucious Left Foot The Son of Chico Dusty (Island/Def Jam)
14. Ariel Pinks Haunted Graffiti Before Today (4AD)
13. Tracey Thorn Love and Its Opposite (Merge)
12. Local Natives Gorilla Manor (French Kiss)
11. Chromeo Business Casual (Atlantic)
10. Crystal Castles II (Polydor)
9. Sleigh Bells Treats (Mom & Pop)
8. Vampire Weekend Contra (XL)
7. Beach House Teen Dream (Sub Pop)
6. Mavis Staples You Are Not Alone (Anti)
5. Arcade Fire The Suburbs (Merge)
4. Janelle Monae The ArchAndroid (Bad Boy)
3. Gorillaz Plastic Beach (EMI)
2. Robyn Body Talk (Konichiwa)
1. Kanye West My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Roc-A-Fella)
My top three were Gaslight Anthem, American Slang, the Hold Steady, Heaven is Whenever and Mumford and Sons, Sign No More.
I'm happy that I have XM -- I found all of these bands listening there; when I'm in my wife's non-XM car, alll I ever hear on regular rock radio is U2 and there ilk.
Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds
I guess I represent a different musical tase than most of you. My favorite album this year was Blue Sky Noise by Circa Survive. I really haven't been impressed by much this year though. A song here or there caught my attention, but not much in the way of whole albums.
My musical taste is I guess influenced by what I'm more familiar with. As far as what album I got the most enjoyment out of it was easy, Ben Folds' Lonely Avenue, but I've been a Ben Folds fan for a long time. 2nd would probably be Band of Horses and Arcade Fire's new ones, but again I'm pretty familiar with them.
I liked Mumford and Sons, Sigh No More and I can even admit that it's better than Ben's new one, but if I'm gonna pick based on enjoyment then it's easy.
not what it used to be lol
Few of mine are:
1. Flying Lotus Cosmogramma
2. The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
3. No Age - Everything In Between
4. Tera Melos - Patagonian Rats
5. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
Ok, over the last week I've finally listened to Kanye's new one. I've liked certain songs of his before but never an entire album, but this one I can just listen from the first track to the last. Part of it is because some of the stuff he says is so funny. I honestly don't think he even believes some of the things he says.
Good stuff starts at about 4:20. Thought this thread is a good place to post this clip.
Last edited by kaldaniels; 01-14-2011 at 01:01 PM.