Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds return to Sunday Night Baseball

Re: Reds return to Sunday Night Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    This is going to be the greatest season in the history of man.
    Glad to see expectations are being kept in check. Some people get carried away.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Glad to see expectations are being kept in check. Some people get carried away.

Gonna be real hard to beat 1976... that's the barometer I'm encumbered with.

Wish one of them were at GABP so we fans could experience the national spotlight a little too. Heck, if PBS can feel electric during MNF, imagine what GABP would feel like???
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Gonna be real hard to beat 1976... that's the barometer I'm encumbered with.
    Luckily last year is the barometer that most of us younger Reds' fans have. I really don't remember much of '95 and definitely don't remember any of 1990. The barometer used to be '99, but now the playoff bar has been set. Let's hope the Reds can win a playoff series in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Luckily last year is the barometer that most of us younger Reds' fans have. I really don't remember much of '95 and definitely don't remember any of 1990. The barometer used to be '99, but now the playoff bar has been set. Let's hope the Reds can win a playoff series in 2011.
    You guys would've lost your minds back in the '70's.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    You guys would've lost your minds back in the '70's.
    No doubt, all we have is the 1975 World Series box sets and the stories from our older relatives. The Big Red Machine just doens't feel like "my" team. That was the great part about last year. My generation had to endure all of those losing seasons in the Lost Decade without even really remembering a time when the Reds were on top. Last year proved that the Reds could win a division crown and earn a trip to the playoffs.

Now the whole nation gets to watch the Reds on a couple of Sunday nights and hopefully our boys don't disappoint!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    No doubt, all we have is the 1975 World Series box sets and the stories from our older relatives. The Big Red Machine just doens't feel like "my" team. That was the great part about last year. My generation had to endure all of those losing seasons in the Lost Decade without even really remembering a time when the Reds were on top. Last year proved that the Reds could win a division crown and earn a trip to the playoffs.

Now the whole nation gets to watch the Reds on a couple of Sunday nights and hopefully our boys don't disappoint!
    Yep, the 2010 season was good for all of us in Reds Country. I'm especially glad the younger fans finally got a chance to root for a winning team. I hope we all can root for a World Championship team very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Echo rmr for me. The fox sat stuff is bad news for out of cincy viewers. Here in balt will be regionalized from seeing any of those I suspect and there are no alternative viewing options to see the gsme when that occurs...

Another echo from me. Living in the DC area I doubt I get any of those games unless they are against the Nats or Orioles.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hopefullly the Reds will get comfortable playing on the national stage and are less likely to choke. Good building block for the playoffs.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The Red Reporter blog has a comprehensive list of all of the Reds regular season national TV appearances in 2011. I just got them all plotted on my calendar.

Reds' 2011 National TV schedule

Turn Off Ads?