Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Did TCU really win one for the little guy?

Re: Did TCU really win one for the little guy?

LOL at everyone saying TCU isn't a 'little guy' anymore and then coming back here and bashing them because they turned down a 1 and done trip to Madison or someone other big time school. TCU would be nuts to accept that phony offer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What's interesting is at the end of the article, the TCU AD alluded that if it would have been OSU that was asking, it might have been a different story.

Pay attention to the open sky

And to be fair to Wisconsin, it wasn't the Wisconsin AD talking to the TCU AD.

UNLV is trying to get out of the 2011 opener at Madison and a 3rd party was shopping the game around. It was a quick "no way" from TCU and that was that. Never did the ADs talk nor was there any contact between the schools about a home-and-home. So Wisconsin wasn't trying to screw TCU or anything.

I also agree that TCU shouldn't agree to a one-and-done thing. They merit a home-and-home series. Judging from the aerial photo taken of this year's Rose Bowl in SI, TCU travels well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    What's interesting is at the end of the article, the TCU AD alluded that if it would have been OSU that was asking, it might have been a different story.
    I thought there was a story that TCU already turned down an offer to play a 1-and-done in Columbus?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I thought there was a story that TCU already turned down an offer to play a 1-and-done in Columbus?
    I was referring to this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf...ory?id=6106632

Now, had Ohio State -- whose president, E. Gordon Gee, famously had chided non-BCS conference teams such as TCU for playing schedules littered with the "Little Sisters of the Poor" -- been the Big Ten team seeking a late schedule change, Del Conte said he would have been all ears.

"Oh yeah," he said, "of course."
    Del Conte is the TCU AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Just a reference to Gee's comments I'm guessing.

TCU already backed out of a game 2 years ago at Ohio State that everyone seems to forget all of a sudden. So TCU's "anytime anywhere" talk holds no water in my opinion. Yes I think Gee's comments were stupid, but very much true. I Don't think he's in a place to be making those comments at all though. But to the point of TCU pounding there chest and saying they'd glady take on OSU, they had there chance. Then backed out late. Pretty easy for them to be making these comments now that scheduals are in place for a few years to come at this point, knowing that OSU would have to remove teams and do a lot of work get TCU on the schedual. Seems to me they had there chance and got scared and didnt follow through. So now they'll say bring on OSU, knowing its highly unlikely they would actually have to take Ohio State on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner44 View Post
    TCU already backed out of a game 2 years ago at Ohio State that everyone seems to forget all of a sudden. So TCU's "anytime anywhere" talk holds no water in my opinion. Yes I think Gee's comments were stupid, but very much true. I Don't think he's in a place to be making those comments at all though. But to the point of TCU pounding there chest and saying they'd glady take on OSU, they had there chance. Then backed out late. Pretty easy for them to be making these comments now that scheduals are in place for a few years to come at this point, knowing that OSU would have to remove teams and do a lot of work get TCU on the schedual. Seems to me they had there chance and got scared and didnt follow through. So now they'll say bring on OSU, knowing its highly unlikely they would actually have to take Ohio State on.
    I'm sure OSU would be thrilled to do a 1 and done in Ft. Worth any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I'm sure OSU would be thrilled to do a 1 and done in Ft. Worth any day now.
    I wouldn't mind it in if it was in Cowboy Stadium. TCU's stadium isn't big enough for a one and done though.

I'm sure OSU would be thrilled to do a 1 and done in Ft. Worth any day now
    Like Buckeyered said, not near enough money for Ohio State to go there for a one and done. TCU would make more coming to OSU than hosting the game themselves.

The point still stands about them saying "anytime anywhere". They had their chance and backed out. So they need to stop with all this tough talk when clearly they were to scared at one point to play with the big boys like Ohio State. Like going to the big east is going to prove anything either. Thats a joke of a football conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner44 View Post
    Thats a joke of a football conference.
    That's been rated higher than the Big Ten most years since Miami, BC and VaTech left.

Turn Off Ads?