Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I heard on the Radio 3B Adrian Beltre to Texas 6 years/90 Million

I heard on the Radio 3B Adrian Beltre to Texas 6 years/90 Million

Ugh... I thought Nolan Ryan was more savvy that this...

If this report is true... They are way way way way over paying... Didn't they learn anything from his Seattle Contract?

6 years & 90 Million

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I heard on the Radio 3B Adrian Beltre to Texas 6 years/90 Million

how could Walt let him slip through his fingers...what is Walt doing? Right there was our LF...omg....thanks Walt....

This was posted on ESPN after I posted here... Like I said I heard it on the Radio...

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb...ory?id=5984163

I like Beltre... a lot, but I would never give him 6 years. I wouldn't want to give him 3 years.

But the Rangers look pretty good for next season if they sign him. Move Young to 1B and that's a real powerful lineup, with some solid D.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I like Beltre... a lot, but I would never give him 6 years. I wouldn't want to give him 3 years.

But the Rangers look pretty good for next season if they sign him. Move Young to 1B and that's a real powerful lineup, with some solid D.
    I don't want to be weird here, but I think the Rangers are going to be moving Young... Would he be a bad addtiton to play SS if the Rangers pay at least half of his salary?

Like with the Rangers wanting to move Neftali Feliz to the Rotation... Maybe they would take Cordero and His Salary to become their Closer again for Young straight up? (And only paying the Difference in the 2 players Salary)
    Last edited by Hondo; 01-03-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I don't want to be weird here, but I think the Rangers are going to be moving Young... Would he be a bad addtiton to play SS if the Rangers pay at least half of his salary?

Like with the Rangers wanting to move Neftali Feliz to the Rotation... Maybe they would take Cordero and His Salary to become their Closer again for Young straight up? (And only paying the Difference in the 2 players Salary)
    Why would they move Young? Why in GGE would they want Cordero? Why do you think anyone at this point would take him? Yes come trade deadline maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Why would they move Young? Why in GGE would they want Cordero? Why do you think anyone at this point would take him? Yes come trade deadline maybe...
    Young won't be moving to 1B, they have Moreland... Young Makes 14 Million... and they have been trying to move him to the Rockies earlier in the off season...

I was wrong... it could be worth up to 96 Million over 6 years!

There's something Wrong with the World today...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/texas_rangers/index.html

Adrian Beltre will earn $14MM in 2011, $15MM in 2012, $16MM in 2013, $17MM in 2014, and $18MM in 2015

My Lord are the Rangers this Stupid to pay a 36 year old Beltre 18 Million with his inconsistancy in offense...

This is what's wrong with Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Adrian Beltre will earn $14MM in 2011, $15MM in 2012, $16MM in 2013, $17MM in 2014, and $18MM in 2015

My Lord are the Rangers this Stupid to pay a 36 year old Beltre 18 Million with his inconsistancy in offense...

This is what's wrong with Baseball.
    just as dumb is the braves paying a 35 year old 12 million dollars.....I don't want to hear one owner scream poverty over the next decade in this sport...

Where in the world are the Rangers getting all this money?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Where in the world are the Rangers getting all this money?
    new ownership....

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    just as dumb is the braves paying a 35 year old 12 million dollars.....I don't want to hear one owner scream poverty over the next decade in this sport...
    Get off it, Dan Uggla is not 35 year old. He is 31 years old and been a consistant masher since 2005... Only Albert Pujols has More Home Runs among Right Handed Hitters since then...

Turn Off Ads?