Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

  1. #1
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,679

    Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    That would make my off-season. I think this guy could make a real difference.

    From ORG...

    http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m..._lewis/3897568

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,219

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    He'd make a nice platoon partner for Gomes. He can leadoff those games, has a high OBP against RHP and a little speed. Hope it's true.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    He'd make a nice platoon partner for Gomes. He can leadoff those games, has a high OBP against RHP and a little speed. Hope it's true.
    Would rather have Lewis than Pods but this is far from a Great off season addition... Great Bench acquisition...

    But he will probably be the Opening day Left Fielder since Greinke will be the Brewers Opening Day Starter...

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    I think I just gagged in my mouth....

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    771

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I think I just gagged in my mouth....
    ummmm... Where else could one gag?

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    281

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    This would be a solid move. Lewis and Stubbs could hit 1-2 against RHP, and Phillips and Stubbs could hit 1-2 against LHP. I think this would be a great, inexpensive stopgap assuming Lewis would accept a platoon role.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    This would be a solid move. Lewis and Stubbs could hit 1-2 against RHP, and Phillips and Stubbs could hit 1-2 against LHP. I think this would be a great, inexpensive stopgap assuming Lewis would accept a platoon role.
    where in his history does it show he can hit? Also where would he play?

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    where in his history does it show he can hit? Also where would he play?
    I don't want any part of him being a Starter, bench yes... Guy can hit from the left side and has Doubles Pop and can swipe a bag, but personally I would rather Gomes and Heisey getting Left Field again over letting Lewis get starts but Dusty will Start Lewis because he will be like a Corey Patterson situation with Baker...

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    How is this guy better than what we currently have?

  11. #10
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    That would make my off-season. I think this guy could make a real difference.

    From ORG...

    http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m..._lewis/3897568


    I wish you were on the list of people I had to buy for, for Christmas, lol.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    How is this guy better than what we currently have?
    X infiniti

  13. #12
    Dyslexic Taquitos Quatitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    322

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    where in his history does it show he can hit? Also where would he play?
    Career lefty/righty splits
    Code:
    I           Split   PA   AB   H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS  BB  SO   BA  OBP  SLG  OPS
        vs RHP as LHB 1216 1080 302 72 17 23 102 47 14 117 264 .280 .354 .442 .796
        vs LHP as LHB  312  279  68 12  4  1  15  4  4  27  83 .244 .324 .326 .650
    Nothing amazing, but a solid addition for a 5th outfielder. He has the majority of his playing time at left field so I would imagine he would be platooned with Gomes. I don't think Lewis would take too much time away from Heisey since Heisey is the main backup for both Bruce and Stubbs and got about 77% of his playing time in CF and RF last season.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    281

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    where in his history does it show he can hit? Also where would he play?
    Lewis' .354 career OBP against RHP isn't too shabby. I'll take that over what the Reds have gotten from the lead off spot over the past few years. As long as Lewis is platooned in LF, he's a pretty good fit.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I don't want any part of him being a Starter, bench yes... Guy can hit from the left side and has Doubles Pop and can swipe a bag, but personally I would rather Gomes and Heisey getting Left Field again over letting Lewis get starts but Dusty will Start Lewis because he will be like a Corey Patterson situation with Baker...
    BRM7675 has just passed out due to he can't believe he agrees with the above statement

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    390

    Re: Fred Lewis Cincy-bound?

    Great a guy closer to a .699 OPS than .799.
    That's what we the Reds need, a weak hitting LF platoon player.

    I hate to agree with brm7675, but give me Heisey over him 7 times a week.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25