Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is your pick to win the BCS National Championship?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auburn Tigers

26 59.09%
  • Oregon Ducks

18 40.91%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Who is your pick to win the BCS National Championship?

Re: Who is your pick to win the BCS National Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Bringing other single pieces of data (i.e. 2006 when OSU lost bad to Florida) is all pretty much trumped by the 35 games they've played in a 12 year stretch... point being, at the top of the conference, there's not a great deal of separation over time.
    I think the top is where there's the most separation between the SEC and the Big Ten. How else to explain OSU's record vs the SEC?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think the top is where there's the most separation between the SEC and the Big Ten. How else to explain OSU's record vs the SEC?
    Tressel is not equipped to coach in those games, period! OSU has had more players drafted in the last decade than any other school in the country. It's not a matter of talent. Besides, we're not talking just OSU, we're talking about the conference. Again, these points might be more valid in the absence of actual games played, but I think 35 games is a much better indicator than OSU's few individually. And the Big Ten #2 has consistently beat the SEC #2 in bowl games. If the bottom half of the conferences played each other consistently, I believe the record would massively in favor of the SEC. But the upper half of the conferences have played each other over the last 12 years and the record shows that there's not a huge difference. How else do you explain that only 1 game separates them?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

How about the SEC and the Big 10 both agree to leave the NCAA and form their own SUPER LEAGUE? Make it as long as an NFL season (season and playoffs).

How awesome would that be?

The Big 10 fans would finally get to see one of their all-time excuses (make them play in cold weather) proven or disproven.

It would improve basketball tremendously as well. Add UK into a lineup featuring Indiana, Michigan State, and Ohio State?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Tressel is not equipped to coach in those games, period! OSU has had more players drafted in the last decade than any other school in the country. It's not a matter of talent.
    I think in general, OSU produces better NFL talent. A lot of the SEC's speed doesn't translate to the NFL where strength can overpower speed. For example these speedy SEC D-linemen often get pummeled by NFL O-linemen on Sundays.

Thus it's pointless to talk about how many players a team has drafted for the NFL when talking about who's the better college team. Two different games

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    How about the SEC and the Big 10 both agree to leave the NCAA and form their own SUPER LEAGUE? Make it as long as an NFL season (season and playoffs).
    If we're going to start a Super League I'd combine the SEC with the Big 12 or PAC 10 long before I'd add the Big 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If we're going to start a Super League I'd combine the SEC with the Big 12 or PAC 10 long before I'd add the Big 10.
    I want the Big 10 because the animosity is so great.

The Big 12 and PAC-10 might be sexier right now, but I like the historical weight of the Big 10 upper echelon more (there is one condition: they drop those awful division names. )
    Last edited by WMR; 01-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    By the by... congrats to Jojo on his team's victory. I still remember vividly the absolute joy and elation I felt in 1996 and 1998 when UK won their last basketball championships. You want the feeling to just keep on keepin' on forever. The memories will get better and become even more treasured as time passes.
    Thanks. I wish every college fan could get a season like this. This season was truly a gift as the Tigers weren't expected to even win the SEC west and then several of their games were truly epics where an inch one way or the other on a play couldve dramatically impacted the game and the Tigers seemed get all of those plays go their way. They took punches to their chin from some of their biggest rivals and got up swinging. Truly a gift that may never happen again. Here's to wishing every college fan gets to have one like this...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?