Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Adios Rich Rodriguez

Re: Adios Rich Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This is a pretty good take on all the Harbaugh hoopla. I can understand why Michigan would really want him, but I certainly don't understand why NFL teams are so gaga over him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...-harbaughmania
    Flavor of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Harbaugh just signed a 5-year/$25M deal with the 49ers.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...t-head-coach/1

I doubt that Dave Brandon was prepared to open the wallet that wide, which explains his deflection at the time of the Rich Rod firing presser.

This is a pretty good take on all the Harbaugh hoopla. I can understand why Michigan would really want him, but I certainly don't understand why NFL teams are so gaga over him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...-harbaughmania
    Brian Kenny was talking about this on his radio show last night. Basically how Jim Harbaugh had one great season and two good ones and then all of the sudden will become one of the top paid coaches in the entire profession is pretty amazing.

A Michigan alum friend on facebook who is as die hard as the come said that he was listening to live streaming radio out of Louisiana and they were reporting that Les Miles will be announced as the new Michigan coach within 48 hours.

Nowhere is really reporting it right now, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

A Michigan alum friend on facebook who is as die hard as the come said that he was listening to live streaming radio out of Louisiana and they were reporting that Les Miles will be announced as the new Michigan coach within 48 hours.

Nowhere is really reporting it right now, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Yesterday around 2pm, 1460 out of Columbus, had a college football analyst, with a a heavy southern accent on, he was saying that he thought Miles would take the job.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The LSU QB said that Les Miles told him yesterday that he's staying at LSU and hasn't even spoke to Michigan. He the rumors are "nonsense." This was posted an hour ago.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20...su_footba.html
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

There's a rumor bouncing around that Mich won't give Miles a sniff due to his involvement with former coach Gary Moeller's wife which led to his drinking problems and subsequent downfall. I don't know if that really happened or if it was a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I think the Midwest media would eat him alive. In Louisiana, he's just another bumpkin.
    Are you kidding? Miles has averaged 10+ wins a season at LSU and the fan base are gathering with torches and pitchforks because he lost out on one of Louisiana's top ranked HS offensive lineman....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I just got an e-mail from a distraught UM alum who just watched the presser and says he can't believe Mich does not have a candidate lined up. He said it looks like their search is just beginning. This is way late to be doing this. Take it from me, A Tenn fan who just went through this a year ago, this is a rough time of year to be pulling this off. UT came out OK as they had huge contributions from true freshman this year but UM is on the clock.
    Mike Haywood is available.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Are you kidding? Miles has averaged 10+ wins a season at LSU and the fan base are gathering with torches and pitchforks because he lost out on one of Louisiana's top ranked HS offensive lineman....
    Oh, I know. That National Championship is the only thing that saved his gig back in 08. And the LSU folks will be happy to point out they were 0-2 in triple OT games in that year.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Miles has announced he's staying at LSU. Hellooooo Brady Hoke. And helloooooo 3-9 next season, and maybe for many more seasons to come. U of M is in a disastrous spot right now.

This is big loss for Michigan. I was not on the Miles bandwagon 3 years ago, but I think he was the right guy now. The guy can recruit and he can recruit defense, their biggest deficiency. They need a name right now.

I don't know who the other top candidates are, but it looks like they could wind up rolling the dice. This is why you don't make massive mistakes like hiring Rich Rod. That was a colossal mistake at the time and they could be paying for it for years to come.

Adios Rich Rod, Adios John Beilein.

This is big loss for Michigan. I was not on the Miles bandwagon 3 years ago, but I think he was the right guy now. The guy can recruit and he can recruit defense, their biggest deficiency. They need a name right now.

I don't know who the other top candidates are, but it looks like they could wind up rolling the dice. This is why you don't make massive mistakes like hiring Rich Rod. That was a colossal mistake at the time and they could be paying for it for years to come.
    I don't really think that highly of Miles. He can recruit but IMO he is lacking as a game coach. He is your riverboat gambler and makes Marvin Lewis look like a savant when it comes to clock management. His National Championship team was a 2 loss team that underachieved throughout the season and got lucky because it was a down year in the NCAA. They kind of reminded me of the Alabama team this season. A team that is uber talented but lost too many games they shouldn't. They did steamroll my bucks, but that had been the usual for that team.

That Hoke guy seems like he is the front runner right now. But if I were a UM fan I would be a little hesitant. IMO its not necessarily a good idea to offer a guy his dream job that he actively covets. It reminds me of OSU when they were looking for a new head coach. Both Glen Mason and Chris Speliman openly campaigned for the job. It was a shock to many when the unlikely candidate of Jim Tressel was offered the job.

I don't think it will take a "Michigan Man" rather someone who is able to understand and grasp the tradition that goes along with the job. Rich Rod made mistakes in dismissing the tradition that goes along with Michigan football. The next coach who comes in can't do that.

I know some Ohio State fans that are chuckling. I think it is a darn shame, how badly this was mangled. The Big Ten needs Michigan to be good.

Where do you go from here?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?