Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adios Rich Rodriguez

Adios Rich Rodriguez

In what has become more of a formality in recent days, the University of Michigan has fired head football coach Rich Rodriguez.

Reports are that Jim Harbaugh and Brady Hoke are being mentioned as possible replacements, although, in the case of Harbaugh, he is thought to be more interested in heading to the NFL.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/spor...football-coach
    Last edited by Red Leader; 01-04-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adios Rich Rodriguez

"Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

IMO its two candidates, Jim Harbaugh or Les Miles. Anybody else and they might as well have just kept Rodriguez for another season.

Let the Rich Rod to Pitt/UConn rumors commence.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    IMO its two candidates, Jim Harbaugh or Les Miles. Anybody else and they might as well have just kept Rodriguez for another season.
    IMO, it's one candidate. Harbaugh. They're putting their chips all in again for one candidate, just like they did for Miles the last time. I hope the results don't end up being the same. There are already floods of tweets going around about player transfers. Most of which are likely bunk since a new coach hasn't even been announced yet.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Screw Rich Rod, what kind of clown fields a defense like that or can't even manage to recruit a decent kicker to Michigan?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Harbaugh isn't leaving Stanford for Michigan IMO.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

As much fun as it has been beating up on Michigan the last few years, for the Big10s sake, they need a competent Michigan football program.

LSU is expected to be a top three team next year. They have tons of talent back. I doubt they hire Miles.

Marvin Lewis to Michigan?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Harbaugh isn't leaving Stanford for Michigan IMO.
    I don't think he will either. He'll go the NFL if he leaves Stanford IMO.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    IMO, it's one candidate. Harbaugh. They're putting their chips all in again for one candidate, just like they did for Miles the last time. I hope the results don't end up being the same. There are already floods of tweets going around about player transfers. Most of which are likely bunk since a new coach hasn't even been announced yet.
    There's a round peg / square hole problem with Michigan and Jim Harbaugh. Their roster is awful and they really don't have the right kids to run the system that I imagine Harbaugh will want to run.

There's a lengthy rebuild ahead of the next UM coach -- and if I were Harbaugh, I don't know that I'd trust the AD / Boosters to give me enough time to accomplish it.

But, then again, all the open / soon-to-be-open NFL gigs are kinda crap right now too.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

It's about time. The man was in over his head.

Last coaching time change around, I thought I heard there was bad blood between Harbaugh and UM. They'd be wise to hire him though.

Like gonelong said, I love beating up on UM every year but it really does need to be competitive and mean something.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Screw Rich Rod, what kind of clown fields a defense like that or can't even manage to recruit a decent kicker to Michigan?
    This.

I know many a UM fan that was hoping he'd tank, he's not a UM caliber guy, never was and never will be evidently.

Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    There's a round peg / square hole problem with Michigan and Jim Harbaugh. Their roster is awful and they really don't have the right kids to run the system that I imagine Harbaugh will want to run.

There's a lengthy rebuild ahead of the next UM coach -- and if I were Harbaugh, I don't know that I'd trust the AD / Boosters to give me enough time to accomplish it.

But, then again, all the open / soon-to-be-open NFL gigs are kinda crap right now too.
    Palo Alto is damn nice too. No offense but I'd much rather live there than Ann Arbor, or anywhere in the midwest for that matter.

Hello Brady Hoke........
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Palo Alto is damn nice too. No offense but I'd much rather live there than Ann Arbor, or anywhere in the midwest for that matter.
    This.

And I've lived both places

Turn Off Ads?