Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Adios Rich Rodriguez

Re: Adios Rich Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I don't know much about him but I do remember the collective thud when Tressel was hired by OSU and that's worked out pretty well.
    I guess it depends on your perspective. Tressel may not have been a big name nationally when OSU hired him, but he was wildly popular in the northern part of Ohio because he came from an Ohio coaching family, had experience at OSU and had spent years running a successful program at YSU. He was also known not to be the type of coach to chase big money jobs around (one of the biggest problems with college coaching today seems to be the tendency of coaches to hop from job to job after a few years chasing bigger money without having to really build a program).

One of the biggest complaints about John Cooper was that he was an outsider who had no concept of Buckeye tradition and the importance of the Michigan game. He seemed to treat Michigan as if it were another game on the schedule and always lost. There was a lot of fear in some Buckeye circles that the school would once again look for a coach with no background at OSU. When Tressel was named as a candidate, those who were familiar with him were hoping and praying he would get the job. They wanted an Ohio guy who would work hard to beat Michigan after so many years of watching Cooper rack up big seasons only to fall flat against the Wolverines.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Hoke tweeted this today: Not nearly as bold a delivery or as prominent a forum as the parallel statement made by his predecessor, but probably necessary.
    Just guessing, but I'd say Hoke might show up at tonight's home basketball game... against...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Just guessing, but I'd say Hoke might show up at tonight's home basketball game... against...
    he is, I heard Drew Sharp of the Freep on the radio say he was being introduced at halftime tonight

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    he is, I heard Drew Sharp of the Freep on the radio say he was being introduced at halftime tonight
    Interesting. According to a tweet from a Dispatch reporter who watched the presser, he said "I don't think so, somebody else did that script," meaning Tressel and RR.

Also, it turns out the Twitter account I quoted before is a fake. When asked about it at the presser, Hoke said "I'm on Twitter?"

Dantonio totally did this when he arrived at UC. Except he promised to beat Miami.

Yeah, he was thinking big time...
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Hoke tweeted this today:

318 Days. #goblue
    Not nearly as bold a delivery or as prominent a forum as the parallel statement made by his predecessor, but probably necessary.
    Then there's this: Days since Michigan’s last victory over Ohio State in football:
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    #1 was always given to a great WR. You had to gain Lloyd Carr's approval in order to be given the #1 jersey. After Edwards left he set up a scholarship fund and thought that scholarship fund he was on the "committee" who decided if a player was worthy or not of wearing that number.

Here is an article explaining it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ey-at-michigan
    I can't stand Braylon Edwards, but did anyone catch the player introductions during the Colts-Jets game last week? When Edwards announced his name and where he was from, he said "Braylon Edwards, Lloyd Carr's University of Michigan." I can't stand Edwards, like I said, but I liked that comment.

As a Buckeye fan, I really hope Hoke gets Michigan back on its feet. It's simply not the same.

I'd think this is good news for UM...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...on.staying.ap/
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'd think this is good news for UM...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...on.staying.ap/
    Yes it is.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I can't stand Braylon Edwards, but did anyone catch the player introductions during the Colts-Jets game last week? When Edwards announced his name and where he was from, he said "Braylon Edwards, Lloyd Carr's University of Michigan." I can't stand Edwards, like I said, but I liked that comment.

As a Buckeye fan, I really hope Hoke gets Michigan back on its feet. It's simply not the same.
    Lloyd Carr? Try "Bo Schembechler's U of M" and he's onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Maybe because he played for Lloyd Carr?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    No disrespect towards Schembechler, a great coach, but let's not sneeze at what Lloyd Carr accomplished. The man accomplished something Schembechler never was able to in winning a national champsionship.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I agree, but the perception is that it's the best place in the world. I wouldn't live in San Diego if I was paid handsomely to do so. I lived there a year and that was enough for me. Weather is unbelievable though.

What was wrong with San Diego? Have hardly ever gone there and I have lived in LA for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What was wrong with San Diego? Have hardly ever gone there and I have lived in LA for 30 years.
    You could ask the same question about any city in the US. Some people like living in each place, and some don't. There's nothing wrong with SD, it's just not for me. But I do see why a lot of people love the place.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Maybe because he played for Lloyd Carr?
    Well, sure. But Lloyd Carr only carried the torch on the relay after Shembechler got him an insurmountable lead. I always like to look at the trailblazer rather than the settler that reaped the rewards when making such references.

Just like tOSU football still is "Woody Hayes' tOSU"

Turn Off Ads?