Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colts

14 27.45%
  • Jets

2 3.92%
  • Patriots

8 15.69%
  • Steelers

3 5.88%
  • Ravens

0 0%
  • Chiefs

1 1.96%
  • Eagles

2 3.92%
  • Saints

0 0%
  • Packers

6 11.76%
  • Bears

2 3.92%
  • Falcons

3 5.88%
  • Seahawks

6 11.76%
  • Undecided, or whoever's playing team I can't stand

4 7.84%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs: Who Are You Rooting For?

Re: NFL Playoffs: Who Are You Rooting For?

Wow, you gotta hold 'em on that last drive. And Peyton wasn't great. And Wayne couldn't shake Revis. And the run defense was awful. Man...

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Wow, you gotta hold 'em on that last drive. And Peyton wasn't great. And Wayne couldn't shake Revis. And the run defense was awful. Man...

That was one Peyton's best games of the season. He took what he was given...which wasn't much. He didn't play into the Jets' game plan and force it tight coverage.

I'm done with defending Caldwell though. Letting them off the hook before halftime is unforgivable.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stat geek...and proud
    Caldwell's gotta go. He's turrible. That last timeout was indefensible.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

How do you give up a 47 yard KO return after getting a FG like that?

Was the kick short? Squibbed? Just like Payton earlier trying too hard to avoid a KO return and short kicking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    How do you give up a 47 yard KO return after getting a FG like that?

Was the kick short? Squibbed? Just like Payton earlier trying too hard to avoid a KO return and short kicking it?
    I don't know. Mcaffee can boot it to the back of the endzone....don't know why he didn't.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Seattle should be hoping for a GB win tomorrow. There's a world of difference between playing the Bears (who are, in my mind, the worst #2 seed that I can remember) and the Falcons.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Seattle should be hoping for a GB win tomorrow. There's a world of difference between playing the Bears (who are, in my mind, the worst #2 seed that I can remember) and the Falcons.
    I thought the same thing, until 2 weeks ago when the Bears absolutely torched the Jets.

This sentiment kills me. Manning's QB rating for the game was over 108. But he'll get the bulk of the blame.

I can't take the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

It will make their fanbase even more arrogant than they already are.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    This sentiment kills me. Manning's QB rating for the game was over 108. But he'll get the bulk of the blame.
    I don't think so. Manning didn't call the stupid TO, he didn't allow that horrendous kick return, and he's not responsible for letting the Jets have two 10 minute TD drives. The only things you can even partially blame Manning for is the Colts having to settle for FGs so much, but they probably should have still won even so. I guess you don't really know how much of not using enough time on their last drive was up to him, but it's nitpicky compared to what you can blame on the coaches, D, and ST.

I mean, even the post you responded to just said he wasn't great.
    Last edited by blumj; 01-09-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I didn't give him the bulk of the blame. I said he "wasn't great" while also mentioning how the run defense was "awful". 18/26, 225 yds., 1 TD, 0 INT. A good game, but I expect more from Manning in the playoffs. I expect a lot more from the whole team, though. By all means, the run defense was far worse then Peyton, and the special teams wasn't very good either. And Caldwell wasn't very good either. And the receivers, especially Wayne, couldn't get open. I'm not thrilled with Manning, but by no means does he get "the bulk of the blame" from me.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Once again Manning played very well. He called a good game and didn't make any big mistakes. I can almost guarantee he would have preferred to take a shot to score before the half. That would have been very demoralizing for the jets had the colts have been able to get a fg.

I didn't give him the bulk of the blame. I said he "wasn't great" while also mentioning how the run defense was "awful". 18/26, 225 yds., 1 TD, 0 INT. A good game, but I expect more from Manning in the playoffs. I expect a lot more from the whole team, though. By all means, the run defense was far worse then Peyton, and the special teams wasn't very good either. And Caldwell wasn't very good either. And the receivers, especially Wayne, couldn't get open. I'm not thrilled with Manning, but by no means does he get "the bulk of the blame" from me.

I apologize, you're right. I meant the sentiment in the media. It'll be...........Peyton can't win the playoffs again. If anything, I blame special teams. That running into the kicker, and the KO return were absolute nightmares.

He kicked the ball into the end zone and the guy still go that many yards?

I saw i think #52 just barely make an effort near the 4 yard line and then there was no one there.

That 3rd down pass before the Colts 50 yarder....he just barely missed as the pass was low but catchable. They make that and the Jets do not get the ball back.

You have to bury the jets really or else they find fluky ways to win as the did in denver.....detroit. You have to give them credit for it...but the coach is such an A that you really do not root for them at all, well at least I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Agreed, however I'm pulling for the Falcons so I would like to see them play the seabirds. I'd say the Falcons would prob put 'em away by 20+. The pack on the other hand are a pretty solid squad and actually deserve to be in the playoffs.

Turn Off Ads?