Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uggla and Braves reach 62 Million Extension

Uggla and Braves reach 62 Million Extension

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5989710

Second baseman Dan Uggla has reached agreement with the Atlanta Braves on a five-year, $62 million contract extension, a league source told ESPN.com. The deal is pending completion of a physical exam, the source said.

Well I cannot believe the Marlins trade this guy then go sign a hack like John Buck when they could have went with a young/cheap vetran catcher and put a little more money on the table and kept Uggla... They offered 4 years and 48 Million so they were quite close... It's too bad...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Uggla and Braves reach 62 Million Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5989710

Second baseman Dan Uggla has reached agreement with the Atlanta Braves on a five-year, $62 million contract extension, a league source told ESPN.com. The deal is pending completion of a physical exam, the source said.

Well I cannot believe the Marlins trade this guy then go sign a hack like John Buck when they could have went with a young/cheap vetran catcher and put a little more money on the table and kept Uggla... They offered 4 years and 48 Million so they were quite close... It's too bad...
    The pattern for over paying for basic talent continues. no way Uggla is worth 12 million per year....

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    The pattern for over paying for basic talent continues. no way Uggla is worth 12 million per year....
    Another instance where you have Zero Clue what you are talking about...

Keep on Keeping on!

Keep on Keeping on!
    Sorry but he is not a 12 million dollar a year player. Yes that is what the Braves paid him, but that is way over paying, just as the Nationals did with Werth. If Ug is worth 12 million then Phillips should be getting 15-18 million which means that Votto is worth 20+ million which means...see where I am going, MLB continues to overpay for talent.

I'm just curious as to what Dan Uggla and the Atlanta Braves have to do with this forum??? This is about the Reds, not the Braves.

Quote Originally Posted by BLark = HOF View Post
    I'm just curious as to what Dan Uggla and the Atlanta Braves have to do with this forum??? This is about the Reds, not the Braves.
    Because it impacts on what the Reds will have to pay their players. If uggla is worth that amount, what does that mean Votto is worth?

Because it impacts on what the Reds will have to pay their players. If uggla is worth that amount, what does that mean Votto is worth?
    I think Carlos Gonzalez new Contract with the Rockies is a better table setter for Votto than Uggla's Contract...

The Problem is Ryan Howard is making 25 Million a year.

The after this Season... Whatever Prince Fielder signs for will effect Votto's negotiations as well...

I think Carlos Gonzalez new Contract with the Rockies is a better table setter for Votto than Uggla's Contract...

The Problem is Ryan Howard is making 25 Million a year.

The after this Season... Whatever Prince Fielder signs for will effect Votto's negotiations as well...
    If you had a choice, which of these 1st basemen would you want on your team?

Prince Fielder
    Ryan Howard
    Joey Votto

Quote Originally Posted by BLark = HOF View Post
    You need to look through this website... Everytime a Major Signing happens, we debate it here and they also do the same in the ORG...

Happy New Year

If you had a choice, which of these 1st basemen would you want on your team?

Prince Fielder
    Ryan Howard
    Joey Votto
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but for me it's Votto and it's not even remotely close.

Keep on Keeping on!
    I believe this is an inappropriate personal attack.... attacking the person rather than the comment.

Please, this is not what Redszone is about... even on the Deck.

:thumbdown

These are his career 162 game average numbers...

32 HR 97 RBI .263BA .349OBP .488SLG .847OPS 76BB 159SO

Career WAR 14.9, OWAR 18.8, DWAR -3.9 (over 5 years via Baseball Reference, fangraphs have these numbers slightly higher)

Career UZR/150 -4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    I believe this is an inappropriate personal attack.... attacking the person rather than the comment.

Please, this is not what Redszone is about... even on the Deck.

:thumbdown
    Apparently you need to read BDSM's posts.. He thinks Pujols will sign for betweeen 18-20 Million a year too...

I am sorry I said you have ZERO CLUE what you are talking about...

I hope you accept my apology.

Happy Posting...

I am sorry I said you have ZERO CLUE what you are talking about...

I hope you accept my apology.

Happy Posting...
    Basically owners right now are overpaying for marginal talent at best which in turns drives up the costs for the really talented players. Players like Werth and Uggs are being paid fair more then their talent warrents. It also forces teams like the Reds to take bigger risks or depend on their farm system to produce winning teams. Overall it's just not good for baseball.

Turn Off Ads?