Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 195

Thread: Renteria signs with Reds

  1. #1
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,460

    Renteria signs with Reds

    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...with-the-reds/

    From MLBTraderumors: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

    The Reds have agreed to sign Edgar Renteria, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com. The deal could be worth as much as $3MM with an incentive package, according to Levine. The team could announce the agreement today. Agents Jeffrey Lane and Barry Meister represent the 2010 World Series MVP.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member SidneySlicker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    613

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Not sure how much he has in the tank. When are the going to address this position for the future instead of one year bandaids?

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    BDSM just had a Heart Attack

  5. #4
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,460

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Walt must be grinning now looking at his checklist.

    Left-handed reliever...Dontrelle Willis......CHECK
    Left-field platoon partner...Jeremy Hermida....CHECK
    Shortstop......Edgar Renteria....CHECK

    They aren't paying Renteria 3 million plus incentives to ride the pines.
    Paul Janish go sit in the corner again.

    Sweet.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    731

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Walt must be grinning now looking at his checklist.

    Left-handed reliever...Dontrelle Willis......CHECK
    Left-field platoon partner...Jeremy Hermida....CHECK
    Shortstop......Edgar Renteria....CHECK

    They aren't paying Renteria 3 million plus incentives to ride the pines.
    Paul Janish go sit in the corner again.

    Sweet.
    It's 3 mil with incentives, not plus incentives.

    He only started 62 games last year. I highly doubt he's an everyday starter. Probably 50/50 or 60/40 if one of them gets hot.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    It's 3 mil with incentives, not plus incentives.

    He only started 62 games last year. I highly doubt he's an everyday starter. Probably 50/50 or 60/40 if one of them gets hot.
    Well if he makes 3 Million...

    The Reds should have taken that 3 Million, the 3 Million given to Hernadez, and the 1 Million given to Cairo and put it towards a true difference maker...

    These moves are more of the, making a move to make a move, as some of you have been telling me the Reds Shouldn't do... When I talk about the Reds paying BJ Upton 4-5 Million, or the Reds making the Trade for Greinke instead for 13.5 Million...

    I mean, who would you rather have

    Cairo, Renteria, and Hernadez for 7 Million

    or

    Greinke for 13.5 Million


    Paying only 6.5 Million more???? Plus I understand another 1.2 Million to replace the 3 Mentioned players...
    Last edited by Hondo; 01-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville, Ohio
    Posts
    51

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    I don't like this signing at all. Money could have been better spent.
    ----------
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, he would have given us stomachs." - David Daye

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    I just puked, this is by far the dumbest thing Walt could do. He overpays for a AARP player, and now gives Dusty a reason for not playing Janish. So now we have this HUGE FREAKIN BLACK HOLE on the right side of the infield. Watch folks as our pitchers implode due to excessive basehits to the right side. OMG a right side of the field of Gomes/Rolen and now Edgar...yep that is winning baseball.

    3 million dollars...folks we have another lottery winner

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by PhatHead View Post
    I don't like this signing at all. Money could have been better spent.
    Exactley. Read my previous post.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    361

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Well if he makes 3 Million...

    The Reds should have taken that 3 Million, the 3 Million given to Hernadez, and the 1 Million given to Cairo and put it towards a true difference maker...
    If he makes $3 million it probably means that he had a heck of a year.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    If he makes $3 million it probably means that he had a heck of a year.
    Probably, Might, Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

    I would rather go with a Long Term fix...

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    What a stupid signing.

    The impact on stupidity that Dusty Baker has on this team never ceases to amaze me.

    Renteria is just another, in a long line of jokes, that Dusty Baker likes to throw out there every game in order to sabotage a perfectly hopeful season.

  14. #13
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,165

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Nice move.

    I love Janish, but I think he needs a veteran backup. Renteria can still field and be a fine backup to SS and 2B. I doubt he sees much regular playing time unless someone is hurt, which is the main reason why this is a good signing. It provides depth.
    "I donít know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody".
    óBill Cosby

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Nice move.

    I love Janish, but I think he needs a veteran backup. Renteria can still field and be a fine backup to SS and 2B. I doubt he sees much regular playing time unless someone is hurt, which is the main reason why this is a good signing. It provides depth.
    A veteran backup?

    You know that Janish will be the backup.

    Renteria will be Baker's new favorite player.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Renteria signs with Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Paying only 6.5 Million more???? Plus I understand another 1.2 Million to replace the 3 Mentioned players...
    And then there is also the fact that the Reds would've had to give up more talent in the trade for Greinke. You didn't add that into the equation.

    So, use that money to help with depth at multiple positions, or create more holes in your roster AND almost double that amount for one starting pitcher.... Makes perfect sense to me.

    I really can't wait for the season to start so we don't have all the free time to hear this argument anymore.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25