Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #29 prospect?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tucker Barnhart

7 13.46%
  • Alex Buchholz

1 1.92%
  • Dan Corcino

8 15.38%
  • Matt Fairel

3 5.77%
  • Mark Fleury

5 9.62%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

1 1.92%
  • Jake Johnson

2 3.85%
  • Matt Klinker

3 5.77%
  • Felix Perez

5 9.62%
  • Cody Puckett

13 25.00%
  • Dan Tuttle

3 5.77%
  • Phil Valiquette

1 1.92%

Thread: Who is Redszone's #29 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #29 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman, LHP
    Prospect #2 - Devin Mesoraco, C
    Prospect #3 - Yorman Rodriguez, CF
    Prospect #4 - Yonder Alonso, 1B
    Prospect #5 - Billy Hamilton, SS
    Prospect #6 - Yasmani Grandal, C
    Prospect #7 - Todd Frazier, IF/OF
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco, 3B
    Prospect #9 - Zack Cozart, SS
    Prospect #10 - David Sappelt, CF
    Prospect #11 - Donnie Joseph, LHP
    Prospect #12 - Ismael Guillon, LHP
    Prospect #13 - Brad Boxberger, RHP
    Prospect #14 - Chris Valaika, IF
    Prospect #15 - Kyle Lotzkar, RHP
    Prospect #16 - Ryan LaMarre, OF
    Prospect #17 - Juan Duran, OF
    Prospect #18 - Junior Arias, SS
    Prospect #19 - Sam Lecure, RHP
    Prospect #20 - Ronald Torreyes, IF
    Prospect #21 - Neftali Soto, IF
    Prospect #22 - Jonathan Correa, RHP
    Prospect #23 - Danny Dorn, 1B/OF
    Prospect #24 - Henry Rodriguez, IF
    Prospect #25 - Kris Negron, IF
    Prospect #26 - Daryl Thompson, RHP
    Prospect #27 - Didi Gregorius, SS
    Prospect #28 - Drew Cisco, RHP

If you want someone added to the ballot, say as much. I eliminated a few guys last round because they hadn't received a single vote.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #29 prospect?

Cody Puckett. Even if he winds up in the corner outfield, he could hit .275 and 25 HR's for you.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I don't know what the protocol is when you keep voting for the same player and you have listed your reasons on the previous threads, but I am going to keep on voting for Fleury until he's picked. He's definitely the guy I'd be most upset if the Reds traded on that list. Gotta love a young catcher who can take a walk, swing the bat with some power and play some defense. I don't care if he's still our #3 catching prospect; I think he will be at least a league average major league catcher.

Barnhart.

Had a pretty darn good year in 2010 at a premium position both with the stick and the glove.

Puckett again.

Felix Perez for about the 8th time, though he's finally starting to gain some traction.

Good to see Daniel Corcino starting to get some love too. The system is in pretty good shape when a great young arm like that isn't in the top 29.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Good to see Daniel Corcino starting to get some love too. The system is in pretty good shape when a great young arm like that isn't in the top 29.
    And the organization's Pitcher of the Year has one vote in 51.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    And the organization's Pitcher of the Year has one vote in 51.
    That would be my vote. I wasn't able to stir any enthusiasm for him earlier. Since I am disinclined to change my vote in the absence of compelling arguments, it is beginning to look as if I will be voting for Hotchkiss all the way to #50.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    That would be my vote. I wasn't able to stir any enthusiasm for him earlier. Since I am disinclined to change my vote in the absence of compelling arguments, it is beginning to look as if I will be voting for Hotchkiss all the way to #50.
    I understand your dilemma, if that's how you see it. But you know, there's no point in taking the fun out of it, or muting your own vote. At least, that's what I concluded. I voted for Jacob Johnson long, long ago. When I saw he had no chance at that point, I switched to Barnhart. When I saw he had no chance, I switched to Horst. When Horst was removed from the list, I went back to Barnhart. It looks like I'll stay with him until he's elected. And frankly, I'm not conflicted by it. My feeling about Barnhart isn't materially different than my feeling toward Johnson--whom I'll turn back to after Barnhart's elected.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping to get to vote for Hotchkiss, too. Sooner or later, you'll have company.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I used to do the same thing but then after lots of frustration decided to change my vote to whomever had a realistic shot of winning that I also happened to like the most. And since at times I am conflicted as to who that may be I will toss my vote out there like a hired gun if someone can provide me with a good reason to vote for their guy. It has made the process alot more fun for me. Besides I can always give my top 40 aside from the voting.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Soto is way too low on this list IMO. He's better than our 21st-best prospect. Would any of you really want Sam LeCure over Neftali Soto?

Turn Off Ads?