Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to move Bailey?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Time to move Bailey?

With Willis, Leake and Maloney as 5th starter options, do the Reds move Bailey for a LH-hitting LF or a prospect or two?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Time to move Bailey?

I have no problem moving Bailey, but right now i don't see his overall value being that high, he would have to be part of a multiple player deal.

Bailey has dominating stuff...I wouldn't move him yet. Just my opinion.

Just for the record, Willis is coming into camp as a LOOGY option, not as a starter.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    With Willis, Leake and Maloney as 5th starter options, do the Reds move Bailey for a LH-hitting LF or a prospect or two?
    I wouldn't move him unless I got an incredible offer. With Chapman being put in the pen for the 2011 season, the Reds aren't quite as deep at SP as many people assumed and I think Bailey is poised for a breakout season.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Just for the record, Willis is coming into camp as a LOOGY option, not as a starter.
    That's what we've been led to believe.

But what if Dontrelle continues to wow Price?
    Last edited by malcontent; 01-07-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    That's what we've been led to believe.

But what if Dontrelle continues to wow Price?
    Wow with what? He has nothing left to wow with. Price unlike our manager seems to have a better understanding of talent and aging talent. Willis won't even be on the ML roster when it breaks camp...

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    I wouldn't move him unless I got an incredible offer. With Chapman being put in the pen for the 2011 season, the Reds aren't quite as deep at SP as many people assumed and I think Bailey is poised for a breakout season.
    i would move him in a heartbeat for the right return. Bailey is all hype and no go.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Bob and Walt don't think that way. They won't trade anybody because they don't want to increase payroll, and frankly they aren't interested in winning it all. They're only interested in selling tickets and making a profit. They are Mike Brown-lite.

Votto will be gone in 3 years. And this team will only tease us the next 2 or 3 years. They will never win it all because ownership won't go for it all.

Mark it down.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    i would move him in a heartbeat for the right return. Bailey is all hype and no go.
    He's thrown 304 major league innings. It's too early to tell if he's all hype and no go. If you don't believe me, go look at the first 304 innings of any ten top-of-rotation pitchers (current or former) and tell me how many of them were achieving top-of-rotation stats.

In the year 2000, a 23-year old right hander out of Denver was entering into his second full season with Toronto. He had thrown 165 major league innings to date. Lots of hype - but the results were only so-so. In the year 2000, he started 13 games and posted an ERA of 10.64. He gave up 107 hits and 42 walks in 67 innings while striking out only 44 hitters. That's a WHIP of 2.2, my friends and a hits/9 of almost 15!

At the end of 2000, his MLB service had totalled 236 innings pitched. His career ERA to that point was 5.58 and WHIP was 1.67.

Today, Roy Halladay is the ace of the Philadelphia staff and threw a no hitter against the Reds in Game 1 of the 2010 NLDS.

(By contrast, Bailey's career ERA is 5.09 and WHIP is 1.52. His numbers have improved each of the last three seasons, showing a positive trend.

Fans can be impatient, and I understand that. Especially fans who haven't seen winning baseball in a long time. But if Toronto had given into the "all hype, no go" theory, they would have traded a 7-time All Star who would eventually win two Cy Young Awards (one with Philly last year).

Are you ready to make the trade?
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

This organization is able to sustain success as is.I believe we will add needs,when the right trade is available,by dealing from strength,not desperation.I think this is the position of the front office,and it is something other teams are only now beginning to realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Bob and Walt don't think that way. They won't trade anybody because they don't want to increase payroll, and frankly they aren't interested in winning it all. They're only interested in selling tickets and making a profit. They are Mike Brown-lite.

Votto will be gone in 3 years. And this team will only tease us the next 2 or 3 years. They will never win it all because ownership won't go for it all.

Mark it down.
    Not sure if I believe everything you say, I think if the fans come then Big Bob will increase payroll. I don't think Votto will last 3 years, I think the time to trade him is at the deadline this season or in the off season after this year. I don't think Votto is interested in anything long term with the Reds and he should be dealt while his value is highest.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Not sure if I believe everything you say, I think if the fans come then Big Bob will increase payroll. I don't think Votto will last 3 years, I think the time to trade him is at the deadline this season or in the off season after this year. I don't think Votto is interested in anything long term with the Reds and he should be dealt while his value is highest.
    Just reading this made me about half sick. Absolute joke.

uggghhhh, If you look at it Votto is just doing what the players union wants done. He won't give a break because the players union isn't about to see a rising star like Votto give one. Joey is not a bad dude, and while I wouldn't know him from a hole in the wall if I ever met him, I think he will be more loyal than most. The organization has stood beside him when he was having problems adjusting and they stood by him when he was going through problems. Joey strikes me as being one that doesn't forget those things. At the end of the day its a business. Joey deserves the money.

and since this thread was about Homer. No way in hell you deal him right now. Bronson Arroyo maybe but Homer no. Homer will never command huge money, too inconsistant but he is a good young pitcher. No way you give up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    He's thrown 304 major league innings. It's too early to tell if he's all hype and no go. If you don't believe me, go look at the first 304 innings of any ten top-of-rotation pitchers (current or former) and tell me how many of them were achieving top-of-rotation stats.

In the year 2000, a 23-year old right hander out of Denver was entering into his second full season with Toronto. He had thrown 165 major league innings to date. Lots of hype - but the results were only so-so. In the year 2000, he started 13 games and posted an ERA of 10.64. He gave up 107 hits and 42 walks in 67 innings while striking out only 44 hitters. That's a WHIP of 2.2, my friends and a hits/9 of almost 15!

At the end of 2000, his MLB service had totalled 236 innings pitched. His career ERA to that point was 5.58 and WHIP was 1.67.

Today, Roy Halladay is the ace of the Philadelphia staff and threw a no hitter against the Reds in Game 1 of the 2010 NLDS.

(By contrast, Bailey's career ERA is 5.09 and WHIP is 1.52. His numbers have improved each of the last three seasons, showing a positive trend.

Fans can be impatient, and I understand that. Especially fans who haven't seen winning baseball in a long time. But if Toronto had given into the "all hype, no go" theory, they would have traded a 7-time All Star who would eventually win two Cy Young Awards (one with Philly last year).

Are you ready to make the trade?
    This is one of the most realistic posts I have seen on this site in a long time. A+.

Turn Off Ads?