Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Diego - trip advice needed

Re: San Diego - trip advice needed

I think the art museums in Balboa park are fabulous. They had some great old master and impressionist era stuff when I was down there in 2009.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    There was a good little Italian restaurant that I used to go to there.

Rem
    I guess I need to find out myself. I'm tired of the wife dragging me to Olive Garden.

According to a movie trailor that I've seen recently, Olive Garden is the preferred pickup place over Applebey's for "Men of a Certain Age".

Rem

I would definitely recommend the tour of the USS Midway.

OMG. Why do I live in Chicago? It's February 10th and here I am in San Diego. I spent the entire day wearing shorts and a t-shirt and actually worked up a sweat touring Petco Park and the USS Midway. Just a week ago I was in the middle of a blizzard and a few days ago when I was driving into the office the temp was 3 degrees.

And while driving back to the hotel during rush hour the traffic actually kept moving. Granted it slowed down in spots but never stopped. That's unheard of in Chicago.

Is there a place in California that has San Francisco's beauty and San Diego's weather? I really need to move out here.

Thanks for the check-in. I was wondering if you went or what.

Going to be able to see the fly-over tommorrow? How was the Petco tour?

IMO, live in San Diego, fly to San Francisco in about 90 minutes for a get-a-way when you want. Overall, you'll be happier.

Rem

It's going to warm up today and tomorrow. You picked a good week.

Just got off the phone with my girlfriend and her six-year old daughter, who stopped in San Diego after spending a week on the Baja. Couldn't get out of work to make the trip, and of course, I haven't seen the sun here in a week.

Almost got on a plane today just to join them for a day. I usually do what I can to get as much sun as possible, frequently taking off 2-3 times a month to get to the Sun. Love the Sun....but not too much.

Carson has it right. He should retire and spend every week in San Diego with all that money he has. Can't think of a better place to be during the Winter (and mostly anytime) than San Diego. I love San Diego (especially Torey Pines).

This is what it's been like in Portland all week (the picture was taken about 6:50 am.):

http://media.oregonlive.com/business...4931-large.jpg

...and the fog would stay until the afternoon and then it would be just low clouds after that. Not too great. There were a few moments of sun, but not too many.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-11-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Thanks for the check-in. I was wondering if you went or what.

Going to be able to see the fly-over tommorrow? How was the Petco tour?

IMO, live in San Diego, fly to San Francisco in about 90 minutes for a get-a-way when you want. Overall, you'll be happier.

Rem
    The Petco tour was good. Other than myself, there was a guy from New York with his two young children and a guy from Florida on the tour. It lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Couldn't go into the Padres lockers because some of them were already here for fan day. We got to go into the visitor clubhouse, go on the field and dugouts. Nice park but I enjoyed the Giants park much more last year.

We did Safari Park and hit the Gaslamp area today. Planning on hitting the beaches tomorrow. Guess we'll see some of the fly-over. Disappointed that we wasted time at the Safari Park. Neither of us are zoo people, but we thought this had potential...wrong.

I just can't get over the weather here. It's beautiful. Why do you people even own jackets

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    OMG. Why do I live in Chicago? It's February 10th and here I am in San Diego. I spent the entire day wearing shorts and a t-shirt and actually worked up a sweat touring Petco Park and the USS Midway. Just a week ago I was in the middle of a blizzard and a few days ago when I was driving into the office the temp was 3 degrees.
    Chicago is one of the greatest summer towns to visit. That said I wouldn't want to live there from Oct - April. Or have to drive in the city. Or have to pay the highest taxes in the country. But I digress.

Turn Off Ads?