Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman shot in head, 4 dead, least 7 injured

Re: Congresswoman shot in head, 4 dead, least 7 injured

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Westboro Church is now going to picket the funerals of the victims. What a f'ing travesty...
    I really wish some good samaritan would offer a free "tune up" to their bus and forget to reinstall the breaks. Especially in some mountainous terrain such as oh I dont know Arizona and then let the terrain and gravity take care of the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Westboro Church is now going to picket the funerals of the victims. What a travesty...
    Why on earth would they do that?
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-10-2011 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Yes, baffoon. He seemed clueless. He didn't know the name of the FBI agent in charge of the investigation for the Feds (who was standing right next to him), and had to ask him for his name, then made a joke about it. 6 people were killed a bunch injured and you are going stand there and make a little joke? Nice. When asked about the number of deaths, he got the number incorrect. He seemed more interested in preaching about "vitriol" from various sources that "caused this".

He doesn't know what caused it, he didn't even know the basics of the situtation or much about the on going investigation. His job is to present the facts as they are, and answer questions about the investigation going forward, not make jokes and keep talking about useless crap.

So yes, he's a baffoon. Hopefully the FBI or the Marshals take over the investigation.
    I think that anyone engaging in name calling ought to be able to spell the derogatory name, at a minimum.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Why on earth would they do that?
    Because they're crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Because they're crazy.
    Well, yes. But what exactly are they protesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

The same thing they always are "protesting"; that the deaths were punishment from God for there being homosexuals in the U.S. And no, I did not make that up. Their "reasoning," not mine.

They're trolls with law degrees. Their goal is to get everyone riled up so people fight back and then they can sue. Wash, rinse, repeat. My guess is they believe very little of what they spew (at least the organizers, anyways).
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    They're trolls with law degrees. Their goal is to get everyone riled up so people fight back and then they can sue. Wash, rinse, repeat. My guess is they believe very little of what they spew (at least the organizers, anyways).
    It is a small cult, made up largely of family members, and not affiliated with any other church or religious organization.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Dallas Green's granddaughter, nine year old Christina-Taylor Green, was shot and killed in this tragedy.
    Her father, John Green, works as a scout for the Dodgers.

The same thing they always are "protesting"; that the deaths were punishment from God for there being homosexuals in the U.S. And no, I did not make that up. Their "reasoning," not mine.
    Usually they protest when the victim is a homosexual. I don't see the connection here

No, they've been protesting the soldiers funerals. Protest isn't really the correct term. They aren't really protesting that funeral perse, they're protesting the country's "tolerance" and at soldiers funerals and obviously at things like this, they realize they can be obnoxious and draw the most attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Usually they protest when the victim is a homosexual. I don't see the connection here
    They hijack any high profile funeral that might get media coverage to publicize their agenda.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    They hijack any high profile funeral that might get media coverage to publicize their agenda.
    Write the networks and ask them to ignore the morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Write the networks and ask them to ignore the morons.
    Like we are doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I've heard several biker gangs attend these funerals as well (at least the ones were they protest soliders killed in action), parking their bikes arround the protesters, then rev their engines loud enough to drown them out.

Turn Off Ads?