Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs: Who Are You Rooting Against?

Re: NFL Playoffs: Who Are You Rooting Against?

As for me, I'm rooting against the Steelers. I think Rothlesberger is a despicable human being.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I loathe The Steelers and I loathe Rex Ryan.

May they both soon be removed from the postseason festivities.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    As for me, I'm rooting against the Steelers. I think Rothlesberger is a despicable human being.
    If you think about it, it's actually rather alarming how you can watch the NFL playoffs and just casually pick out the criminals in each game. Oh, look, there's the dog fighter, and there's the rapist, and there's the guy who killed someone driving drunk, and that guy was involved in a murder, that one an assault. All the guns and drugs stuff just sort of fades into the background.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Patriots, Jets, Steelers. In that order. (I'm a Dolphins fan)
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Steelers and Jets. There are three teams in the NFL that I will always root against, for different reasons. There are two main reasons I still have a grudge against the 49ers, 1982 and 1989. Then there are the Jets because the only playoff game I attended in person was http://www.pro-football-reference.co...8301090cin.htm. Then there are the Steelers, and I don't think I need to elaborate on that.
    I remember that game in 1983......I have no clue how they imploded like that. They had a tough run defense that held Marcus Allen to 0 yards that season then let Freeman go Jim brown on them. Anderson had a nice game numbers wise but kept throwing bad INT's. That whole season just sucked beacuse of the strike really.

Patriots and Steelers.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pulling for the Jets. I guess I like Rex Ryan for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Patriots and Steelers.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pulling for the Jets. I guess I like Rex Ryan for some reason.
    He's entertaining. Not in what I personally consider an appealing way, but he sure does give you a lot more to talk, wonder, and laugh about than other coaches. It's almost like having a crazy uncle who half the family can't wait to see every Thanksgiving while the other half of the family just dreads the thought of having to be in the same house with the guy for a whole day.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Winston Churchill said something to the effect that if Hitler invaded Hell he would at least have to make a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
    I am not a Ravens fan, but since they are playing the Steelers this weekend I need to think of something nice to say about Ray Lewis & Co. because there is no team in the NFL that I root against more than the Steelers.
    Well spoken my friend.

And I hope the Jets make a quick exit too. Playing in Foxboro will take care of that problem though.

Even though I don't care much for Pete Carroll, wouldn't it be great to see the 7-9 Seahawks in the SB! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm getting a kick out of the Steelers-Ravens game. The Ravens are looking good but I think they need to hit Big Ben even more. lol

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I'm getting a kick out of the Steelers-Ravens game. The Ravens are looking good but I think they need to hit Big Ben even more. lol
    That the Ravens are the beneficiaries of the Steelers stupidity ruins it for me.

How much do you guys want to bet that H Ward cheap shotted E Reed on that pass to Sanders? I rewound it, but Ward runs just out of camera view to where Reed is and then Reed is getting in Ward's face. Pointing at him and shaking his head, you usually don't see Ed Reed react like that.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

That the Steelers are the beneficiaries of the Ravens ineptitude ruins it for me.

Ben Rapistberger.
    Bill Belicheat

If the Ravens offense had showed up for the second half they would have won this game.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    If the Ravens offense had showed up for the second half they would have won this game.
    The Ravens offense is overrated.

Turn Off Ads?