Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who to send down?

Who to send down?

When either Cueto or Bailey return, looks like its going to be Bailey first, who do you think we send down? I'd say top candidates are Lecure, Maloney or Francisco. LeCure really doesn't deserve to be sent down but do we want to keep him fresh in a starting rotation for the event that one of our starters go down? Maloney had a bad game the other day, but I can overlook it because of the consistency he has show the last couple of years. I would vote to send Francisco down. Cairo is a much better back up at this point and can play more than one position. He is night and day as far as giving professional atbats go over Francisco. I know Francisco hasn't been given a huge chance but I've seen enough of his swinging at first pitches and poping them up. He needs more maturity and I think Triple A is a perfect place for that. Many may say, what about having a shortage of infielders? I don't think that's the case at all. If worse comes to worse Janish can play anywhere in the infield and we can plug Renteria in at short. What do you all think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who to send down?

It has to be a pitcher. Reds only have a 5 man bench.

First reaction is Jordan Smith, but he's had a good year so far and Dusty seems to have a lot of faith in him. I'll say Maloney.

I think Maloney since the Reds already have Chapman and Bray in the pen.....Jordan Smith should be second to go....nice problem to have

Maloney will definitely get sent back down... and I think they may send LeCure down also, so that he can get starts in. Odds are in his favor to see another start at some point this year.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I send Maloney down and return him to starting. We will need him down the road when someone else misses a few starts. I think Lecure is better suited to be a long reliever if needed.

If your asking who i would send down, it would prob be whoever/whatever I could trade Fransisco for.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    If your asking who i would send down, it would prob be whoever/whatever I could trade Fransisco for.
    What??

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Leake now for Willis.

Francisco when Lewis is ready.

Maloney and Smith when Cueto and Bailey return. LeCure slides to long man.
    Last edited by malcontent; 04-11-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Leake now for Willis.

Francisco when Lewis is ready.

Maloney and Smith when Cueto and Bailey return. LeCure slides to long man.
    +1

what about leake? do we rly need 2 long men?

Stat geek...and proud

For Willis? Really? I'll bet anybody on this board 10 bucks that Dontrelle Willis will never put together any kind of significant stretch of good pitching for the Cincinnati Reds. I hate that, because he was cool at Redsfest and seems to be a good guy, but he's cooked. It's done.

I'd go Maloney down first, LeCure to long man.
    Leake down when everybody is back.

Turn Off Ads?