Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thor

Re: Thor

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Little know fact: Interdimentional Space Norsemen actually speak the Queens English.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was never a real fan of the Thor comic books when I was a kid. The guy just didn't seem like a superhero to me. Thought he was rather goofy looking. After watching this trailer, I can't wait for this movie to come out.

Hate to start a new thread but in watching the Thor trailer I decided to go to Hulu and see what else was coming out, lo and behold June 17 2011.

YouTube - Green Lantern Movie Trailer Official (HD)
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Green Lantern is my favorite series. I can't even describe how excited I am for that movie, especially after seeing some stills from the set.

I hate, HATE DC Comics, but I really dig Green Lantern.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Hate isn't the right word for me but I clearly loved Marvel by far over DC, though Green Lantern and Flash were 2 of my very favorite heroes especially Flash.

X-Men (Mainly Wolverine, Colossus & Gambit)
    Flash
    Avengers (as a unit)
    Power Man & Iron Fist
    Justice League (as a unit, I was always a sucker for groups)
    Green Lantern

I could pretty much get by on those alone. They also seemed to have the best villains as well.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

What happened to Thor's helmet with wings? I realize they have to modernize the costumes but i almost equate it to the way they update uniforms in the NFL to make them look over the top modern and hip. Like Oregon;s unis, the Bengals....the Broncos.

Thor's voice should have been like that of Darth Vader's...something that commands respect and fear. Not sounding like Laurence Olivier.

The only DC comic I bought when i collected them from 1974-1980 was Firestorm. I bought it beacuse it was the 1st one.

Just like The Defenders, The Invaders, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider Man, Marvel Girl.

Kenneth Branagh in Empire Magazine:

"I wanted there to be a contemporary element to the story. The idea of a fish out of water, an exotic Asgardian coming to present-day Earth, was important to me. We also wanted family dynamics to be at the centre of things. We looked at relationships in a way that is paralleled by Biblical stories: deadly sibling rivalry, parents at war with children, the isolation of the tight royal circle. Shakespeare's treatment of familial problems endured by the rich and powerful was also an inspiration."
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Kenneth Branagh in Empire Magazine:

"I wanted there to be a contemporary element to the story. The idea of a fish out of water, an exotic Asgardian coming to present-day Earth, was important to me. We also wanted family dynamics to be at the centre of things. We looked at relationships in a way that is paralleled by Biblical stories: deadly sibling rivalry, parents at war with children, the isolation of the tight royal circle. Shakespeare's treatment of familial problems endured by the rich and powerful was also an inspiration."
    "Also, I wanted to have him heave that hammer through the brain-pan of a giant suit of walking robot armor."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I will see anything and everything with Natalie Portman. I even saw Black Swan.

I have to admit, however, that the odds of me marrying her have dipped just a bit since she got pregnant and engaged. I'm still holding out hope, though. lol
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I will see anything and everything with Natalie Portman. I even saw Black Swan.

I have to admit, however, that the odds of me marrying her have dipped just a bit since she got pregnant and engaged. I'm still holding out hope, though. lol
    I am willing to bet that Natalie Portman is the Hollywood celeb that the most men actually want to marry. They may want to do certain things more with other ones, but Natalie has this certain factor to her...I dunno...she's that girl that everyone seems to want to bring home to Momma.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

The walking suit of armor is The Destroyer Armor. Some of the best Marvel Thor stories revolve around that armor.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Being the old fart, I've obviously been out of the comic book scene for a few decades (that's right - decades). I had a comic book collection, growing up in the 60's and early 70's, that was well over 1,000. I pretty much collected everything. I remember when comics were 10 cents, and an annual was a quarter.

I was primarily a DC guy.... World's Finest, Adventure, Detective, Superman, Batman, etc., etc., but I loved various Marvel characters, the FF was my favorite. Also... Capt. America, Hulk, Spiderman, and Thor.

I think the reason, as a kid, that I leaned more DC was because Marvel comics were always continuing, meaning, the storyline could go 4-6 successive monthly episodes before conclusion. So you always had to wait a month for the next episode to come out to see what happened. Way to much to expect for an impatient child. LOL

But I loved Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?