Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Opening Day Roster 2011

Reds Opening Day Roster 2011

OK...what do you guys think. There does not seem to be many open spots if any...my take:

C- Hernandez/ Hanigan
    1B- Votto
    2B- Phillips
    SS- Janish/ Renteria
    3B- Rolen
    UT-Cairo
    RF- Bruce
    CF- Stubbs
    LF- Gomes/ Lewis
    OF- Hermidia or Heisey...........that would be 13 positional players allowing for an 12 man pitching staff.

Starters: Bronson, Cueto, Edison, Bailey, Wood or Leake
    Pen: Cordero, Chapman, Masset, Bray, Ondrusek
    which leaves 2 spots in the pen TBD.

Bets of the rest
    Bats: Heisey, Alonso, Cozart, Francisco, Frazier, Valaika
    Pitchers: Wood or Leake, Maloney, Willis, Lecure, Burton, Fisher, Smith, Valiquette.....and a true dark horse: Arredondo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Opening Day Roster 2011

Most seems right. I don't think Bailey is going to make the starting rotation, at least I don't think he deserves it over Wood or Leake.

I wouldn't consider Arredondo a dark horse. He was signed and rehabbed specifically for 2011

Any chance that Edmonds might come back or has he officially retired? Bruce seemed to thrive after Edmonds came to the Reds and he'd be a great mentor to Bruce and Stubbs.

Good roster. Lots of depth. The only position I worry about subbing for an extended amount of games is third base. It's also the most likely.

I hope Renteria, Lewis and Gomes don't make the team.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Good roster. Lots of depth. The only position I worry about subbing for an extended amount of games is third base. It's also the most likely.
    Janish, Renteria and Cairo could easily fill in for a couple of weeks or more. My biggest concern is the same as everyone else: leadoff. But, hey, the Reds led the league in offense last year without any production in the 1 slot, it will only get better if people get on base.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I hope Renteria, Lewis and Gomes don't make the team.
    You may be letdown then, because unless any of them get injured, it's doubtful that any of those three will not make the opening day roster.

Turn Off Ads?