• LHP Phil Valiquette

30 55.56%

Thread: Prospect #31 Runoff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Prospect #31 Runoff

Felix Perez or Phil Valiquette?

Re: Prospect #31 Runoff

Copy-and-paste fail. This is definitely for prospect #31, not #28.

Wouldn't it make sense to wait for the #31 poll to actually close before starting a runoff? You may not even need this.

Went Valiquette, he's on the 40 man roster, a lefty who sits in mid 90's and cranked it up to 100 are hard to come by. He will turn 24 next month which is still young. In 2010 he was selected on the Futures Game and the Rising Stars game in Arizona. Did not get many chances last season to put up lots of saves but managed to to save them all but one BS. If he stays healty I think he has a bright future. His walk rate has to come down but his groud-out rate was quite good last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsUp View Post
    Went Valiquette, he's on the 40 man roster, a lefty who sits in mid 90's and cranked it up to 100 are hard to come by. He will turn 24 next month which is still young. In 2010 he was selected on the Futures Game and the Rising Stars game in Arizona. Did not get many chances last season to put up lots of saves but managed to to save them all but one BS. If he stays healty I think he has a bright future. His walk rate has to come down but his groud-out rate was quite good last year.
    Have to agree, give me Phillipes ceiling as the tie breaker.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense to wait for the #31 poll to actually close before starting a runoff? You may not even need this.
    Imo the poll should not even be open for 5 days at this point. It should be 3 days.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Went with Valiquette. Nice velocity, nice upside. When I stop and think about it, I'm wondering why I haven't voted for him yet. Besides, I'm finishing reading a bio of Lafayette, so this just seems right.
    Last edited by tixe; 01-16-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Frankly, I have a hard time voting for either of these guys. I'll go with Valiquette because I haven't seen him.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Felix Perez. May be able to start one day. That upside is worth more than a reliever. Valiquette belongs in this range though, just not ahead of Perez.

Turn Off Ads?